Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Epson 4990 is it on its last leg?  (Read 1702 times)

routlaw

• http://www.roboutlawphotography.com
My Epson 4990 is it on its last leg?
« on: September 24, 2008, 02:15:37 pm »

Not sure if this is the best place to trouble shoot my problem but hopefully someone here might have some insight.

Just started scanning about 15 4x5 transparencies with my Epson 4990 and made it through 2 without any hiccups. Then on the third the scanner/PS CS3 just freeze up. I reboot my Mac Pro and try again, same thing, and again and again. Finally I decided to check cables and connections all ok but decided to change from firewire to USB 2.0 reboot then try again, and still it just keeps hanging up. The scans are not that large something like 125 mb 16 bit mode color tiffs and the only processing is a setting of low for dust removal. Over the last year or so I have seen this happen periodically but not a complete balk like this.

Is my scanner DOA? Or any other ideas?

Thanks

Rob

Richowens

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 03:01:56 pm »

Rob,

I had this same thing happen with a 3170 on XPSP2. I deleted/uninstalled the scanner, rebooted the computer then reinstalled the scanner with a fresh download of the software. Been running smoothly for about the last year.

Just something to try.

Rich

routlaw

• http://www.roboutlawphotography.com
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 04:37:07 pm »

Rob,

I had this same thing happen with a 3170 on XPSP2. I deleted/uninstalled the scanner, rebooted the computer then reinstalled the scanner with a fresh download of the software. Been running smoothly for about the last year.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=224033\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Odd stuff, but thanks for the suggestion Rich. Will try that and get back, otherwise I am at a loss and don't really want to have to buy another scanner for what few scans I do in a year.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up