Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad new pricing - up to 40% off  (Read 43620 times)

design_freak

Hasselblad new pricing - up to 40% off
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2008, 05:49:28 pm »

Quote from: carl dw
Is it maybe because of the reason Hasselblad are discounting 40%? - I don't think it's the new 5D incarnation specifically, I think it's just the quality of the technologies converging.

I use 35mm and MFDB. I make my living from both. I like both. But they are both simply a means to an end and they are related.

If you believe your cellphone is as good as a Canon maybe you should speak to your optician. (virtual)

It was irony ...

Freak

-------------------------------------
Work hard and be nice to people
-------------------------------------
Best regards,
DF

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2008, 06:22:53 pm »

- But my 1Ds2 had catastrophic skin tone and was unusable for fashion/portrait.
Edmund

But,you've also had borderline 'catastrophic' failures with your M8 and P45 in recent years.

Perhaps, the problem lies  not so much with the equipment but, rather, bad karma.

Mark

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2008, 06:23:53 pm »

Quote from: thsinar
You hit the nail exactly where it should be hit: shoot today the images with the material that does fit your needs. This material was fitting the needs of all some 15 years ago (and I remember here the astonishing result with the 2x2k = 4 MPx Loral sensor), it still does and it still can be found for nearly nothing. Your portfolio proves it well.

I don't intend to beat a dead horse, and I am fully aware that this forum is about medium fomat photography, but if those 5 years old backs are enough for high quality production work, isn't the real question whether current top of the range DSLR (including a D3 for that matter) would not be good enough also?

Cheers,
Bernard

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2008, 06:58:21 pm »

Quote from: mtomalty
Perhaps, the problem lies  not so much with the equipment but, rather, bad karma.

Mark

Well, I shot the 1Ds2 side by side several times with the old 1Ds. The clients picked the 1Ds files every time. Must be bad karma.
I prefer to go with the clients, they're female so they know good fashion color when they see it.
BTW, I did try the 1Ds3 and was very impressed with the file quality. However the focus of both cameras I tested was less than precise.

Edmund
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 06:59:34 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2008, 05:45:58 pm »

Quote from: design_freak
Guys,
Subject is: Hasselblad new pricing - up to 40% off. It's into Medium Format Digital Backs and Photography. And you write about Canon 5D Mark II.... don;t you think that you write not in the right forum?  
If we i will think (virtual)  that Canon 5D Mark II give us the same quality like MFDB, sombody can said that why use canon, if my cellphone have camera too.

Freak

----------------------------------------
Work hard and be nice to people
----------------------------------------

the reason the canons keep coming up in this MF forum is simply that the jobs that used to require MF cameras are now easily handled by the canons......
IMO a file from a P21 is better then a file from a DSIII (both at 100asa) but without the direct comparison this difference is not so obvious and in reality there is nothing lacking from the canon file.....
just like a 4x5 piece of film will be an improvement over something shot with MF film....does not make the MF film bad at all......

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2008, 05:52:47 pm »

Quote from: eronald
Well, I shot the 1Ds2 side by side several times with the old 1Ds. The clients picked the 1Ds files every time. Must be bad karma.
I prefer to go with the clients, they're female so they know good fashion color when they see it.
BTW, I did try the 1Ds3 and was very impressed with the file quality. However the focus of both cameras I tested was less than precise.

Edmund

i agree with edmund....the 1dsII made me give up DSLR for a while....i did not even give the dsIII a chance because of that....i really think the dsIII is what the dsII should have been....i never liked the files from the dsII....i mean they are great but everything about them was just a little too much below the DMF backs in terms of file quality....skintones, (tones in general) gradations, highlights....
i really think the dsIII fixed all this.....
i am not sure why any of these problems wold come up again with the 5D...just does not make any sense to me....i am pretty sure i will get one.....my only concern is that the files will be a little too much like the nikonD3, which is great but seems to be optimized for pure high asa shooting.....i like a clean 1200asa just like the next guy but i really need a nice 100asa.......

GuyinSG

« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2008, 07:52:31 am »

Quote from: pss
i agree with edmund....the 1dsII made me give up DSLR for a while....i did not even give the dsIII a chance because of that....i really think the dsIII is what the dsII should have been....i never liked the files from the dsII....i mean they are great but everything about them was just a little too much below the DMF backs in terms of file quality....skintones, (tones in general) gradations, highlights....
i really think the dsIII fixed all this.....
i am not sure why any of these problems wold come up again with the 5D...just does not make any sense to me....i am pretty sure i will get one.....my only concern is that the files will be a little too much like the nikonD3, which is great but seems to be optimized for pure high asa shooting.....i like a clean 1200asa just like the next guy but i really need a nice 100asa.......

Sorry but I can't resist the temptation to continue our foray into the DSLR off-subject discussion.  I have been planning on selling my 1Ds Mk1 to clear space in my camera case for the 5D Mk2.  I never used the 1Ds Mk2 or 3.  It seems a lot of shooters really liked the 1Ds Mk1. Is this accurate and why like it over the Mk2 or 3?  Frankly I don't shoot it a lot as I have my Phase One back I use all the time commercially. I also have some fashion spreads I shot with the original 20D that look wonderful.   By the way, I just took my 4x5 camera out of the case after 3 years and shot some Velvia.  That felt great!  Still love looking through that big tranny!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up