Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad new pricing - up to 40% off  (Read 43655 times)

Saša D. Karić

• http://
Hasselblad new pricing - up to 40% off
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2008, 06:35:48 pm »

There is a very serious marketing battle in progress!

Will Phase One respond and adjust their pricing structure to be more competitive?

Joe Bossuyt
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=224047\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

They won't if they marry Leica aka Madame Bovary,
but if they want to stay on the top of the game obviously they have to!!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 07:14:11 pm by Saša D. Karić »

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2008, 07:08:36 pm »

As I said in my post, Hasselblad contraption to mount their back on a Tech camera is everything but elegant compared to slapping a P45+ onto the back of a Cambo or Alpa.

Find me an elegant, simple solution from Hasselblad for my restricted space in my already too heavy back pack and I'll buy it.

That is correct, you do need the image bank, or be tethered to a computer to power the H3D back when on a view camera, etc.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225273\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2008, 12:34:46 am »

As I said in my post, Hasselblad contraption to mount their back on a Tech camera is everything but elegant compared to slapping a P45+ onto the back of a Cambo or Alpa.

Find me an elegant, simple solution from Hasselblad for my restricted space in my already too heavy back pack and I'll buy it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225334\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Isn't there a "Power per Firewire" solution for this problem??? Some device? From China?

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2008, 01:42:43 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225334\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Get a CF back. Small and very versatile Hasselblad back that uses adapterplates to mount on all sorts of camera bodies. Fits on your Cambo or Alpa without the need of anything but a battery and CF card (or tethered) when fitted with the proper adapterplate. It also comes in a multishot version.

Why is everybody only looking at the H3 ?  
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 02:25:12 am by Dustbak »

Dan Wells

« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2008, 07:20:15 pm »

The upcoming partial solution from Hasselblad is the HTS adapter (actually, a huge plus to their system as far as I'm concerned). Most of a view camera in a 1.5 lb unit that fits on the front of an H3D body! Expensive, but cheaper than a view camera and a separate set of lenses. I would agree that buying an H3D for the back if you don't want the SLR is dumb, but for those who want an SLR and a view camera, the HTS certainly offers an interesting option...

-Dan

Henry Goh

« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2008, 09:12:59 pm »

Quote from: Dustbak
Get a CF back. Small and very versatile Hasselblad back that uses adapterplates to mount on all sorts of camera bodies. Fits on your Cambo or Alpa without the need of anything but a battery and CF card (or tethered) when fitted with the proper adapterplate. It also comes in a multishot version.

Why is everybody only looking at the H3 ?  

Does the CF39 fit Hasselblad V series?

Nick-T

« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2008, 09:21:23 pm »

Quote from: Henry Goh
Does the CF39 fit Hasselblad V series?

Yes.
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2008, 10:17:35 pm »

Nick,

Can the digital back that comes with the the H1D be used on a view/technical camera?

Thanks,
Kumar
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 11:33:31 pm by Kumar »

Henry Goh

« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2008, 10:43:11 pm »

Quote from: Nick-T
Yes.

Thank you Nick.  I had always had the impression that only CFV fits the V series and hence did not look further.

Henry

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2008, 02:16:06 am »

Quote from: Henry Goh
Thank you Nick.  I had always had the impression that only CFV fits the V series and hence did not look further.

Henry

The CFV is a different back. The CFV is specifically designed for the V. A 16MP square sensor.
The CF comes as either a 22 (discontinued now) or a 39. They come in multishot versions as well. The CF uses adapterplates, these are available for Contax, Mamiya, V, H & Rollei (generally speaking).

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2008, 06:21:44 am »

I confirmed that I could use the H3DII 39 back on my Cambo, which has the H adapter plate IF I purchase the Hasselblad Image Bank II and a Sony L type battery.  Use Firewire 800/800 cable and transfers should be quick.  

Now, it's a fairly simple solution for field work as long as I don't strangle myself with the cable.  Would probably find a way to Velcro the Image Bank II(IB) to the tripod leg.

Cost of the IB seems rather high though - $2000.00 for the II version with a 160GB HD.  Nice mark up Hasselblad, and it doesn't even come with the needed battery???!!

But it would get me the camera body that I like the best for my street work and yet still be able to use the back on the Cambo.

No, not as simple as moving the self powered back of a Leaf/Phase to the Cambo, but I don't like the Phase camera body and the Leaf prices are substantially higher for the body/back - at least I've not heard of their dropping their prices to get competitive with Hasselblad.

Difficult decision, but with an acceptable solution to the Hassie back on Cambo, price will now rule my decision, and at the moment Hassie is ahead in that arena.

Quote from: Photomangreg
Derek,

The HVC is the Hasselblad View Camera mounting system, it goes on a Linhof Sliding Back and allows you to power the back with an H series battery, and also allows you to use the 90 degree or waist level view finder and H ground glass ont he system, it is extremely bright for composing and focusing.

i was talking to the Alpa rep the other day, he uses an H3DII39 back on his Alpa with the image bank, a really great solution!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 06:24:25 am by Lust4Life »

Carsten W

« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2008, 07:49:05 am »

Quote from: Lust4Life
No, not as simple as moving the self powered back of a Leaf/Phase to the Cambo, but I don't like the Phase camera body and the Leaf prices are substantially higher for the body/back - at least I've not heard of their dropping their prices to get competitive with Hasselblad.

My guess is that there are war-meetings at all the major MF companies/dealers to figure out how to deal with the Hasselblad price-drop, and that there will be some sort of reaction from each of the companies. It is not clear how long it will take to bubble down to the users though.
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

design_freak

« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2008, 08:22:46 am »

Quote from: PHOTO ZARA
Great solution indeed more space for images. To my knowledge you cannot use H3DII39 back on Alpa without image banks and I wonder why? is this going to change in near future because the prices are good and I would love to get in to MF.

Anyone using Flextight X5 or X1?

I have FT646 and X5, as H3DII-39.
Scaners are very very good. X5 is very fast, quality is like in drum killers ($100000)
You must test it . But I tell you, be careful!! If you try it, every scanner will be only a toy.  

Freak
Best regards,
DF

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2008, 09:15:28 am »

It's also possible that some of the MF companies are thinking of merging or exiting. Between Leaf, Sinar, Hasselblad, Phase, Mamiya, and now to some extent Leica and rumored Nikon I'd say that the market is pretty crowded, and economic conditions out there are bloody.

Edmund

Quote from: carstenw
My guess is that there are war-meetings at all the major MF companies/dealers to figure out how to deal with the Hasselblad price-drop, and that there will be some sort of reaction from each of the companies. It is not clear how long it will take to bubble down to the users though.
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2008, 12:23:53 pm »

Quote from: eronald
It's also possible that some of the MF companies are thinking of merging or exiting. Between Leaf, Sinar, Hasselblad, Phase, Mamiya, and now to some extent Leica and rumored Nikon I'd say that the market is pretty crowded, and economic conditions out there are bloody.

Edmund

I think more than pricing, the meetings are probably addressing the current business/sales/marketing/upgrade process.

If Hasselblad's annoucement had any real change in direction it seems to me the most important element was they desire to get away from the 2 year trade up process.

To me this moves hasselblad into the same sales model as Canon and the other professional dslrs and like the term or not, most of the new medium format offerings are dslrs, just dslrs with bigger frame sizes.  

Actually I don't find the Hasselblad prices that revolutionary.  For two years I've owned a 31mpx medium format system for under $17,000 with the P30+ and the Contax, with overall prices for lenses and accessories even more economical in price than Hasselblad, so if I can do this, obviously Phase, Leaf, Sinar can also hit the same numbers.

They might have to rethink where they place their marketing investment, towards the higher end systems or the lower entry level systems, but as far as price, with a little creative thought I think they can match Hasselblad.

It's the trade in/trade up system that makes the real difference in the base business model.

It's interesting, for years Hasselblad has recognized that their real competition is Canon and maybe Nikon, not Phase, Leaf or Sinar.

Now I assume this will move the other three makers to respond to Hasselblad.

Obviously Leica sees Hasselblad as competition as every Leica video I've seen from annoucekina mentioned Hasselblad.

JR

Carsten W

« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2008, 12:29:47 pm »

Quote from: eronald

...on the other hand, the market is moving upwards, more and more people pick up DSLRs, and it is getting harder to differentiate oneself. There is a possibility that the coming price-war in the MF segment will actually democratize the segment and bring it back to life, with more high-end pros moving up the scale to be able to offer something more than Joe Garage with his 1Ds3 and off-the-shelf 85L.

Time will show
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

SeanBK

« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2008, 01:27:05 pm »

Quote from: carstenw
...on the other hand, the market is moving upwards, more and more people pick up DSLRs, and it is getting harder to differentiate oneself. There is a possibility that the coming price-war in the MF segment will actually democratize the segment and bring it back to life, with more high-end pros moving up the scale to be able to offer something more than Joe Garage with his 1Ds3 and off-the-shelf 85L.

Time will show
 I just noticed, but Hasselblad updated their site. They are emphasing $21995. for H3DII-39 (39MP) with viewfinder & 80mm lens. I think that is the sweet spot. Once they get you in @ $17995 for 31MP system, them why not 39MP @ $22k. Interesting times indeed, with stock market & shortage of short term business loans, I am not sure the climate for magazines survival.

design_freak

« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2008, 04:08:43 pm »

Quote from: James R Russell
I think more than pricing, the meetings are probably addressing the current business/sales/marketing/upgrade process.

If Hasselblad's annoucement had any real change in direction it seems to me the most important element was they desire to get away from the 2 year trade up process.

To me this moves hasselblad into the same sales model as Canon and the other professional dslrs and like the term or not, most of the new medium format offerings are dslrs, just dslrs with bigger frame sizes.  

Actually I don't find the Hasselblad prices that revolutionary.  For two years I've owned a 31mpx medium format system for under $17,000 with the P30+ and the Contax, with overall prices for lenses and accessories even more economical in price than Hasselblad, so if I can do this, obviously Phase, Leaf, Sinar can also hit the same numbers.

They might have to rethink where they place their marketing investment, towards the higher end systems or the lower entry level systems, but as far as price, with a little creative thought I think they can match Hasselblad.

It's the trade in/trade up system that makes the real difference in the base business model.

It's interesting, for years Hasselblad has recognized that their real competition is Canon and maybe Nikon, not Phase, Leaf or Sinar.

Now I assume this will move the other three makers to respond to Hasselblad.

Obviously Leica sees Hasselblad as competition as every Leica video I've seen from annoucekina mentioned Hasselblad.

JR

As you see James. It;s not so easy to understand for normal people how to do the business. Let;s give it to people who knows.
Numbers can;t cheat, If you want to buy Phase P45+ you must spent about 27 000 Euro +VAT ( EUROPE) + body it's a lot of money. Hasselblad H3DII 39 with 80mm lens you can buy for 15000 Euro +VAT. You don;t realy see a revolutionary prices? You must be blind. If you are happy with quallity of your contax and P30+ and your clients too. You are very lucky man.
Why Hasselblad recognized that their real competition is Canon or Nikon? Maybe that Phase users don;t see anything else only their exelent equipment. It was easier to get some new customer who want to join into MF. But right now Phase must see competition in Hasselblad.
German people are very smart. So they see competition in Hasselblad, because they see that Hasselblad is a leader. It's simple.

But i Think that we should do someting more interesting...  maybe shooting  
Freak

--------------------------------------
Work hard and be nice to people
--------------------------------------
Best regards,
DF

PeterA

« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2008, 09:39:17 pm »

I use a Haseblad H3D11-39 on Alpa. The reason you need the hardrive form Hasselblad is that the back is powered by the H body battery or the drive if connected to an Alpa or a view camera. Leaving initial cost aside - I thought that the hardrive would be a real hassle in use. I have found much to my surprise that the Hardrive is very easy to put in a pocket and forget about - with the added bonus of delivering a huge number of files in store capability as well as fast transfer to computer.

A lot of people 'spray' misinformation based on no user based knowledge or experience in these 'forums'. When they get corrected - they dont disappear into the ether but usually pop up in some other thread 'espousing BS' and confusing people yet again.

I prefer Hasselblad on Apa to Leaf - because when I was shooting with LEaf - the fact thathe battery hangs below the back makes it a real pain in the posterior for ptripod mounting. Regarding pricing - unfortunately I paid a full price for my Hasselblad back - a few months BEFORE their new pricing was announced - after getting a bit miffed for a week or so-I am now over it. I agree that other makers will have to drop their prices in due course - which is good news for everyone in the longer term.

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2008, 12:38:36 am »

Quote from: PeterA
I prefer Hasselblad on Apa to Leaf - because when I was shooting with LEaf - the fact thathe battery hangs below the back makes it a real pain in the posterior for ptripod mounting. Regarding pricing - unfortunately I paid a full price for my Hasselblad back - a few months BEFORE their new pricing was announced - after getting a bit miffed for a week or so-I am now over it. I agree that other makers will have to drop their prices in due course - which is good news for everyone in the longer term.

I actually think that you can power the Leaf with a firewire800 power solution
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up