Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom to ipf6100  (Read 2455 times)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Lightroom to ipf6100
« on: September 23, 2008, 05:32:52 pm »

I have just begun to use LR to print, since I can pretty much get most portraits ready without having to do any Photoshop work.  Today I tried to print using my ipf6100 and found the normal dialog boxes not available.  I downloaded the most recent drivers, uninstalled and re-installed the drivers, no change. Looked for any preferences, even did the option key/print thing. Spent an hour searching the internet with no luck.

What am I missing?   Attached are the two dialog boxes, first from LR, second from Photoshop. you can see the difference in LR, where I can't access any Canon printer settings.

[attachment=8455:attachment]
[attachment=8454:attachment]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 05:33:38 pm by Wayne Fox »

dwood

Lightroom to ipf6100
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 08:12:28 pm »

I have just begun to use LR to print, since I can pretty much get most portraits ready without having to do any Photoshop work.  Today I tried to print using my ipf6100 and found the normal dialog boxes not available.  I downloaded the most recent drivers, uninstalled and re-installed the drivers, no change. Looked for any preferences, even did the option key/print thing. Spent an hour searching the internet with no luck.

What am I missing?   Attached are the two dialog boxes, first from LR, second from Photoshop. you can see the difference in LR, where I can't access any Canon printer settings.
[attachment=8455:attachment]
[attachment=8454:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=223720\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That's a 32 vs. 64 bit issue. I encountered the same issue with my IPF-5100. If you launch LR2 in 32 bit mode, all will (should) be well.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Lightroom to ipf6100
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 11:15:38 pm »

That's a 32 vs. 64 bit issue. I encountered the same issue with my IPF-5100. If you launch LR2 in 32 bit mode, all will (should) be well.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=223770\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks! I would have never thought of that.

Scho

• http://photos.schophoto.com/
Lightroom to ipf6100
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 05:28:13 pm »

Thanks! I would have never thought of that.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm a new Canon iPF 6100 user and ran into exactly the same problem trying to print from LR2 in 64 bit mode.  Using 32 bit mode "works", as long as I use the "print-one" workaround described in the following thread to get accurate prints with custom profiles.  I'm using LR2.0 and I assume from what was said in the thread that this bug is still not fixed in 2.1.  The issue is the color matching dialog that keeps defaulting to colorsync mode, preventing access to the driver dialog to turn off printer color management.  

[a href=\"http://canonipf.wikispaces.com/message/view/FAQ/5603512]http://canonipf.wikispaces.com/message/view/FAQ/5603512[/url]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 08:25:27 pm by Scho »
Pages: [1]   Go Up