Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Websitre Updates  (Read 2190 times)

AndyS

• http://www.astannard.com
Websitre Updates
« on: September 23, 2008, 05:17:28 pm »

Hi,

I just added a new section to my website: Photo Articles

The purpose of these is to provide some in depth information about a few selected photos. There's only two articles at the moment, but I plan to expand to a decent number over the next few weeks.

Anyway, I would really appreciate anyone's thoughts on the contents of the articles - particularly the balance of technical info to artistic info. Too much of one and not enough of the other? Maybe I should have a few other mini photos in the articles, alternative compositions etc?

The longer term plan (hopefully before christmas) is to add paypal to my site for buying prints, and at this point these articles will also start to act a means of having special offers on some prints (bit like a 'print of the month' type concept). If anyone has any view as to whether this sounds like a good plan or not, I'd also be interested.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Andy.

LoisWakeman

Websitre Updates
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 01:40:35 pm »

Hi Andy,

I was interested to read this as I'm thinking of extending my site with similar content. (I can email you a link to the prototype if you're interested.)

FWIW, my own preference is for more on the 'why' and the 'what' than the 'how' - but I know many people are very interested to know how a photo was achieved -perhaps more than what inspired it or how you visualised the result.

I think a "buy now" facility is more or less essential - a known defect in my own site as capturing the impulse buy is so important! (Give people the chance to think about making a payment and they'll have moved on.) Special offers are always a good idea to tempt the potential buyer into doing something now.

AndyS

• http://www.astannard.com
Websitre Updates
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 01:01:47 pm »

Hi Lois,

If you've got a link to your prototype then I'd definitely be interested to take a look. I have sent you my email address.

I've actually just got paypal integrated into my site now. Will be interesting to see if this causes an increase in sales/hits ratio.

Cheers,

Pages: [1]   Go Up