Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monitor profile does not stick  (Read 4362 times)

Sigi

• http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/default.aspx?id=267034&mp=V2
Monitor profile does not stick
« on: September 23, 2008, 04:55:25 pm »

Hello,

I have an Imac on Tiger, 1 admin account and 3 standard users.I calibrated a long time ago with a tool from Pantone and was fine with it. A few weeks ago I bought my own calibration tool(Eye-One) to update the monitor profile. The profile is used when I boot the computer. When I switch to another account the profile is still correct. When I switch back to my account the profile jumps bto "Generic RGB profile"

The interesting thing is that I can not change the profile in System preferences. If I click on any other profile I just get a "ping" sound and that's it.

If I then restart the computer it uses automatically the profile I created with the tool.

The profile is stored under Macintosh HD/Library/Color Sync/Profiles
I assume that this is correct.

I have not had this issue with the first monitor profile done with the Pantone tool.

Thanks for any advice

francois

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 07:45:13 pm »

Hello,

I have an Imac on Tiger, 1 admin account and 3 standard users.I calibrated a long time ago with a tool from Pantone and was fine with it. A few weeks ago I bought my own calibration tool(Eye-One) to update the monitor profile. The profile is used when I boot the computer. When I switch to another account the profile is still correct. When I switch back to my account the profile jumps bto "Generic RGB profile"

The interesting thing is that I can not change the profile in System preferences. If I click on any other profile I just get a "ping" sound and that's it.

If I then restart the computer it uses automatically the profile I created with the tool.

The profile is stored under Macintosh HD/Library/Color Sync/Profiles
I assume that this is correct.

I have not had this issue with the first monitor profile done with the Pantone tool.

Thanks for any advice
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=223711\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sigi,
I cannot offer an immediate help but I remember that I had the exact same issue a while back. What is your Tiger version? I'm suffering from severe memory fade and I cannot remember when and what I did to fix the issue. I would check the disk permissions, update to the latest Tiger version, check the ICC profile using the ColorSync utility (found in Utilities folder).

The location of your profile is correct by what happens if you copy/move it to ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/    (~  is your home directory)?

Let me know if this helps,  I'm away from the office and only have internet access a few hours a week.
Francois

francois

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 07:47:14 pm »

I did a little bit of Googling for you before my internet connection goes down.

Here's the different results: Google search results
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 07:47:26 pm by francois »
Francois

graeme

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 03:05:15 am »

I had this problem when using tiger but it hasn't happened since I upgraded to leopard.

Graeme

Sigi

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 05:55:21 am »

Hello,

thanks for all your tips and links. Sofar nothing has solved the problem. I have tried the workarounds based on the first 3 links mentioned in the google link but it has not helped sofar.

I keep on trying the next links. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks

Sigi

PS: I have a bootable backup and I will try to boot the machine from the backup and see what happens then. As far as I understand Superduper all the pref files etc... are not copied but made fresh when you boot from the backup. Maybe this helps. I keep you posted

Sigi

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 05:47:24 pm »

Bootable backup did not help
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 05:47:47 pm by Sigi »
Pages: [1]   Go Up