Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Firmware Question and problem  (Read 1299 times)

dajaka

Z3100 Firmware Question and problem
« on: September 22, 2008, 11:27:49 am »

Is it possible to install older firmware over newer on the Z3100?

After installing the TR12-TR_07_00_00-3 firmware on my Z3100 I have been getting 79.1:04 errors almost every night (at about the same time strangely enough) and last night while the printer would send messages (low ink, etc.) to my computers (Macs) I could not print to it. on OS X 10.5 I would get the message "unable to write print data: broken pipe" Printing from 10.4 gives no error but the print progress window just says processing and nothing happens. I don't think its a network problem since I can reinstall the drivers and the notifications keep coming from the printer.

I restarted once and was able to print one image. This morning I tried to print and got the same error.

The new firmware causes the printer to go through a 4 step "preparing print system" process when turning the printer on and this takes almost 45 minutes - every time its started up. The only way to get around the errors I've gotten is to start up and I really can't spare this time. When I call HP I'm sure I'm sure I'll have to restart again.

I'd like to reinstall TR12-TR_06_00_00-8 to see if the firmware is in fact causing these problems. Does anyone know if this is possible. I have the firmware file. It seems like it should work.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up