Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Labs for printing  (Read 2719 times)

Etienne Cassar

Using Labs for printing
« on: September 22, 2008, 06:20:04 am »

I am an amateur photographer and have been looking to find some reasonable priced photographic lab who can provide a professional service to print my digital files.  I know that ideally I should invest in a good printer myself. That is what I will probably do in the future, but for now I simply cannot afford to get one.  So I'll have to resort in sending my files to a lab for processing.  
Does anybody know of any lab who can offer a good printing service, who will print my files without editing them, and who will provide a good profile for their printers that I can use for softproofing my images?

William Morse

• http://https://MorseEditions.com
Using Labs for printing
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 08:43:39 am »

That would be me (and some others, no doubt.) Feel free to call to discuss your project.

Regards,

Bill Morse

Wm. Morse Editions
450 Harrison Ave. Studio 227
Boston, MA 02118
(617) 429-3298

www.MorseEditions.com

I am an amateur photographer and have been looking to find some reasonable priced photographic lab who can provide a professional service to print my digital files.  I know that ideally I should invest in a good printer myself. That is what I will probably do in the future, but for now I simply cannot afford to get one.  So I'll have to resort in sending my files to a lab for processing. 
Does anybody know of any lab who can offer a good printing service, who will print my files without editing them, and who will provide a good profile for their printers that I can use for softproofing my images?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=223201\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Wm. Morse Editions
A Fine-Art Digital Pr

Dward

Using Labs for printing
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 12:44:35 pm »

Quote from: ecassar,Sep 22 2008, 05:20 AM
I am an amateur photographer and have been looking to find some reasonable priced photographic lab who can provide a professional service to print my digital files.  

I highly recommend Colourworks in Wilmington, De.   They exceptional quality printing of all sorts, from traditional darkroom techniques to digital printing.  And they are delightfully helpful and quality-conscious.   Their number is 302-428-0222. (btw, I have no commercial or personal relationship with them--I'm just tremendously impressed with their work)

David V. Ward, Ph. D.
www.dvward.com

Etienne Cassar

Using Labs for printing
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 03:41:00 pm »

Thanks for your input.  Problem is that I don't live in the US, but I live in Malta, Europe.  So it won't be practical for me to send my pictures for developing over to the US.  I was looking for a lab in the EU.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Using Labs for printing
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 03:19:18 am »

Thanks for your input.  Problem is that I don't live in the US, but I live in Malta, Europe.  So it won't be practical for me to send my pictures for developing over to the US.  I was looking for a lab in the EU.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=223380\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Why not? If they're going to be posted to you, does it really matter much where they're printed? I doubt postage charges will be much more from the US: I'm planning to have photobooks printed there (and shipped to England).

Jeremy

ThePhotoDude

• Fine Art, Landscape and Travel Photographer
Using Labs for printing
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 09:10:21 am »

Have you tried Fauxfilm Print Studio. Based in the Uk.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 08:32:33 am by ThePhotoDude »

marty m

• http://
Using Labs for printing
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 08:28:56 pm »

I am an amateur photographer and have been looking to find some reasonable priced photographic lab who can provide a professional service to print my digital files. 
I highly recommend Colourworks in Wilmington, De.   They exceptional quality printing of all sorts, from traditional darkroom techniques to digital printing.  And they are delightfully helpful and quality-conscious.   Their number is 302-428-0222. (btw, I have no commercial or personal relationship with them--I'm just tremendously impressed with their work)

David V. Ward, Ph. D.
www.dvward.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=223307\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Do you also recommend them for making high quality scans of 4x5 fuji slides?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 08:29:32 pm by marty m »

William Morse

• http://https://MorseEditions.com
Using Labs for printing
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 10:06:33 pm »

Hi marty-

I can't comment on them, but I do 4x5 scanning on my Howtek 6500 Drum scanner with Digital Photo Lab. There are several others on the Scan Hi-End yahoo list who also provide that service. I think it's very important to get those scans from someone who is also a photographer, and understands the current needs of photographers and artists regarding scans and printing.

Bill

Do you also recommend them for making high quality scans of 4x5 fuji slides?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=223774\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Wm. Morse Editions
A Fine-Art Digital Pr

Etienne Cassar

Using Labs for printing
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 01:59:08 am »

Have you tried Fauxfilm Print Studio. Based in the Uk.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=223582\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks for your reference.  I didn't know about them. Incidentally their website address is not .com but .co.uk.  They have excellent prices for what they offer.  To tell you the truth I was going to try using Spectrum Photographic Limited, but their prices are much higher.  Have sent them an email to see if they will ship to my country and asked for their profiles.
Etienne.
Pages: [1]   Go Up