Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Zealand  (Read 2667 times)

ehackett

New Zealand
« on: September 20, 2008, 10:35:47 am »

I am expecting to be in New Zealand for 3 or 4 weeks late next pring (late May-mid June), mainly leading a group of college students in an academic program (with an itinerary that's already established) but also taking photographs along the way.  We will also schedule some vacation time around the trip.  I would appreciate advice about places that we really must visit so I can work these into our plans.  Yes, this is long lead time, but it takes the mind away from the worries of elections, financial meltdowns, ...

Thanks and best wishes,

Ed

APOLOGIES!   I meant to post this in Landscapes-locations but lost track of where I was.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 05:42:50 pm by ehackett »

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 11:42:43 am »

Hi Ed,

I stopped by in New Zealand as part of my round the world travel in 2003. After I landed at Auckland airport I asked their tourist info of what to see in NZ if I only get to visit NZ one time in my life. Their reply was to take next flight to the south island! I did.

Kaykura - Wale watching.
Abel Tasman - Nature walk. I mean nature walk, no roads! There is boat taxi
Franz Joseph Glacier - Guided tour on glacier.
Milford Sound - Overnight Cruise.

I did above in just five days. That was way short on time. There is also the Milford Track that is supposed to be exceptional... I wish I can do some other time ....

After above I went to North Island for two days before flying out...

Roturoa - Gas and colors coming out of ground, traditional culture.
White Island - Boat trip to volcano island, awesome experience, in line with all I saw on south island.

Please look up above on internet.

I was there very early April 2003. It was great timing of year for photography. When driving up to Kaykura I passed a vineyard in early morning light... magnificent.

Enjoy your travel... great place for photography!!!!

Anders  
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 11:43:43 am by Anders_HK »

John Lamb

New Zealand
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 02:48:02 am »

I am expecting to be in New Zealand for 3 or 4 weeks late next pring (late May-mid June), mainly leading a group of college students in an academic program (with an itinerary that's already established) but also taking photographs along the way.  We will also schedule some vacation time around the trip.  I would appreciate advice about places that we really must visit so I can work these into our plans.  Yes, this is long lead time, but it takes the mind away from the worries of elections, financial meltdowns, ...

Thanks and best wishes,

Ed

APOLOGIES!   I meant to post this in Landscapes-locations but lost track of where I was.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222870\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have a few galleries on pbase www.pbase.com/john_lamb. I live in the South Island in Dunedin. Leave a message in my guest book with your contact details and I will respond. Regards John
Pages: [1]   Go Up