Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: color chart calibration help  (Read 1966 times)

ryanmfritz

color chart calibration help
« on: September 18, 2008, 10:56:53 am »

Hello,

Each time I print my calibration charts on my expensive papers, the chart prints along the depth of the roll and wastes more paper than by printing along the width of the roll. I was only able to print the full length of 36" or 42" once. Can anyone guide me how to print the color calibration chart without wasting paper, thus printing it in a long, wide strip instead of a large chunk that wastes more paper....thanks.

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 11:38:25 am »

I haven't been able to find a way to do that after 2 years with the printer. I keep a box of 8 1/2 x 11 paper of each type to calibrate on. Of course, I do use the smaller paper for small prints, so I'm not buying a box just for calibration purposes. This may not work for you. The waste on the rolls may or may not pay for the box of smaller paper...most likely not.
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 01:26:54 pm »

I've never found a way around it either.  Calibration wastes paper.  Not exactly well thought out by X-rite.
Regards,
Ron

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 03:27:04 am »

I've never found a way around it either.  Calibration wastes paper.  Not exactly well thought out by X-rite.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Cut some 25 cm / 10 inch wide sheets from 24 36 44 inch rolls and use the sheets for calibration. Several calibration targets possible when older ones are cut off and the paper is turned 180 degr around for the last one leaving the older one at the other side. Quite often I have waste paper to do the calibration on. Like I use waste paper for proofs. But I think I'm not telling you anything you didn't know already.

Ernst Dinkla

Try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers[/url]
Pages: [1]   Go Up