would someone please be kind enough to cancel the Rob and Ray show.
Good evening, Cooter
Nice to se you arise, phoenix-like from the technicolour past!
There is a beautuiful sense of déjā vu to this thread: I refer you back to the closed one on the MF gallery where I was accused of all manner of evil doings until I got somwhat fed up with it and challenged the loud voices to pin-point a single defamatory post that I had made in that thread, when in truth, all Iīd done was refer to a specific image that gave me that certain "wish it were mine" feeling. Needless to say, there was no reply; I guess the jackal that howls along with the pack at the first sniff of blood, even it entirely imaginary blood, has to stop when in the face of reality rather than the faux, personal version of truth.
So with this thread, except that poor old (sorry) Ray has been dragged in for no apparent reason.
1. I have said that I find racism ugly.
2. I have said that one should treat others as one would have them treat oneself.
3. I have said that manners and lifestyle are best taght at the knee of a responsible parent (better two).
4. I have said that one very effective way to treat questions of race (as by the Spanish example I gave) is with humour, a quality which defuses many situations and allows different folks to just laugh at the vagaries of life, the grand lottery of existence.
5. I have said that the road to this harmony is not the one sold to the masses via the siren call of political correctness, a policy which of itself creates even further division amongst people and frees yet newer devils from the vault.
6. I have said that one should be responsible for oneīs own decisions and, importantly, for oneīs own mistakes.
So I repeat the challenge to you and your fellow brothers-up-in-arms: where is the problem, the dreadful statement cast amogst you to create chaos?
As for Ray being dragged into the firing line, I suppose itīs what happens when people associate someone with a refusal to accept the current hot idea without questioning its value. But then, thatīs reason enough, Cooter, isnīt it?
Why doesnīt Michael close this thread, cast Ray and myself into the further reaches of hell? Didnīt it ever occur to those of you who ask that there is a simple answer? Michael can read.