Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lens Cast in Lightroom  (Read 2499 times)

simplify

Lens Cast in Lightroom
« on: September 17, 2008, 10:32:57 pm »

Hello,
I am currently using lightroom 2.0,  images processed in Lightroom compared to CaptureOne show a lens cast that is green on the left 10% of the image and magenta on the right 10%, and also slightly more dense on the right.  I am using a Mamiya AFD II and 120mm lens and 35mm lens, with PhaseOne P45+.  Is there a way to correct for this lens cast in lightroom?  It is extremely subtle, as I haven't noticed it for a month, but upon printing 20 16x20's in lightroom, they all have the slight variation.

Thanks,

stefan marquardt

• http://www.stefanmarquardt-architekturbild.de
Lens Cast in Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 03:04:11 am »

Is there a way to correct for this lens cast in lightroom?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222226\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I know, this isn´t the best possible way, but for my ZD it´s the only (quick) way of dealing with the lens cast, particularly with white interiors. in lightroom i just use the brushes and either desaturate and/or paint tiny doses of green/magenta over the affected area.
I just finished a interior job , shoot similar pics with both the 5d and the zd and  - compared with the 5D - the Mamiya records (like I suppose other mf´s too) some fluorescent lightsources very yellowish. using the paintbrush (desat and blue) in lightroom to deal with that yellow cast works very good and makes lightroom a very effective and productive bit of software.

stefan
stefan marquardt
stefanmarquardt.de arch

free1000

• http://www.foliobook.mobi
Lens Cast in Lightroom
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 12:45:46 pm »

Could you use two graduated filters?  I've found these useful for some colour corrections.

There is a video on Adobe's site showing how the grads work, they are on the same LR2 palette as the brushes.
@foliobook
Foliobook professional photo

simplify

Lens Cast in Lightroom
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 02:40:08 pm »

Yes I think this will be the way to do it,  once I get it right I can just apply it to all of my images.  I started trying to do it, but am clueless with the gradient and I got frustrated and gave up.  I need to learn how to use it first.
Thanks.
Could you use two graduated filters?  I've found these useful for some colour corrections.

There is a video on Adobe's site showing how the grads work, they are on the same LR2 palette as the brushes.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222392\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up