Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More pics from Panasonic LX3  (Read 3244 times)

dalethorn

More pics from Panasonic LX3
« on: September 17, 2008, 10:56:03 am »

Given all the advance excitement about this camera, interest seems to have dropped like a lead balloon.  Could be the timing, considering the new product announcements.  Anyway, this is typical of what you'd get with a tiny camera like the LX3.  I would like to see the same sort of images as these done with a Canon G9, which I assume would be better, despite the claims made for limiting resolution to 10mp with the LX3.  I see that DPReview claims the 28-140 zoom for the G10 is better than the 35-210 of the G9.  28mm wide, to capture landscapes no doubt.  On a miniature camera.  Hmmm.

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 09:04:27 pm »

I'd like to have a few RAW files from this camera to play with in Lightroom 2.0.

I own a Canon 1DsMkIII and 40D, but I also own a Panasonic FX50 and it's a grea P&S. I like it because the lens retracts completely into the body so that it fits in a suit jacket pocket unobtrusively. It's the best digicam P&S I've owned so far. Prints up to 11" x 14" are no problem this little camera. I wish that this camera had RAW capabilities instead of just JPG.

Bud
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

dalethorn

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 11:28:54 pm »

I'd like to have a few RAW files from this camera to play with in Lightroom 2.0.
I own a Canon 1DsMkIII and 40D, but I also own a Panasonic FX50 and it's a grea P&S. I like it because the lens retracts completely into the body so that it fits in a suit jacket pocket unobtrusively. It's the best digicam P&S I've owned so far. Prints up to 11" x 14" are no problem this little camera. I wish that this camera had RAW capabilities instead of just JPG.
Bud
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222208\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
There are some RAW files on the Web that are allegedly from an LX3.  I should find a place that I can upload a few such files to.  One funny thing, though - the LX3 was advertised as ~27mm deep, and it's actually about 45mm deep with lens fully retracted.  Probably because of the format and focus slide-switches on the outer barrel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up