Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tissue paper  (Read 3232 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Tissue paper
« on: September 16, 2008, 02:43:24 pm »

What sort of paper do you use for interleaving between prints for storage, or for rolling with a print for mailing in a tube? Do you use anything? Where can I get whatever you use in the UK?

Any answers gratefully received! I'm printing on an Epson 3800 onto Epson Premium Lustre or Ilford GFS, in case that makes any difference.

Thanks

Jeremy

ThePhotoDude

• Fine Art, Landscape and Travel Photographer
Tissue paper
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 10:24:34 am »

I use Morplan for mine. They have acid free sheets, packs of 500 etc, very reasonable pricing too. I use it between all photo sheets in tubes etc.

ScottWald

Tissue paper
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 03:48:20 pm »

Here in the U.S. Light Impressions sells both buffered and unbuffered paper and tissue cut in digital sizes.  I ordered some of the unbuffered paper, but they shipped the buffered kind by mistake.  I'm using this to store color images I printed on Epson USFA using the 3800.  I recall that in the days of C-prints we were advised against using buffered papers for their storage.  I'm hoping that the buffered paper LI shipped me by mistake is not harming my pigment-dye-based inkjet prints.  If anyone can think of why it might be, please let me know.
Thanks,
Scott

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Tissue paper
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 03:25:43 am »

I use Unbuffered Acid Free Tissue Paper in rolls and sheets from Preservation Equipment. A bit more expensive but archival.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222074\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thank you and PhotoDude. I'll investigate your suggestions.

Jeremy

ScottWald

Tissue paper
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 04:49:33 pm »

I talked with a paper conservator from the Baltimore Museum of Art over the weekend about using buffered tissue/paper in the storage of pigment-dye, cotton-rag-paper prints. He said that the safest thing to do is to use unbuffered paper, but to not worry if you're using buffered paper.  Apparently some relatively recent research has shown that buffered paper was not harmful to C-prints after all (in past years some had claimed that it was). Also, he can't think of any reason why buffered paper would be harmful to pigment-dye, cotton-rag-paper prints.
-Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up