Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya Leaf Lenses Announced  (Read 13319 times)

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
Mamiya Leaf Lenses Announced
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 05:30:57 am »

I would think so. It might just be that they pre-announce future releases earlier than others, but it feels like these leaf lenses have been announced ages ago and here we have just one coming, but only as a prototype...

Prior to that, the 28 mm f4 was delayed about half a year before final release...

Cheers,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221908\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well how long are we now waiting for a wide lens on a Hy6 body ? Well..... Perhaps we get it as a Christmas present.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 05:34:29 am »

Well how long are we now waiting for a wide lens on a Hy6 body ? Well..... Perhaps we get it as a Christmas present.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222005\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You make it seem that there is no wide angle for the Hy6, but the 40mm f3.5 is a stunning lens and equivalent to around 28mm on a 35mm camera. Ultrawide? No, but definitely a wide.

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 06:40:44 am »

I would think so. It might just be that they pre-announce future releases earlier than others, but it feels like these leaf lenses have been announced ages ago and here we have just one coming, but only as a prototype...

Prior to that, the 28 mm f4 was delayed about half a year before final release...

Cheers,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221908\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Bernard et al:

Re Mamiya product development, a different perspective...   I would simply point out that now, after the strategic partnering with Phase, we seem to be having new products filling the pipeline pretty quickly.  This year to present we have a new body and four new lenses; going forward for this year we have at least two more lenses and maybe three, a vertical grip and back-to-4x5 adapter.  IMO that is not too shabby a total of new products for a company that was considering an abandonment of the camera market altogether two years ago...  

Cheers,
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 06:42:23 am by Jack Flesher »
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

Pantoned

• http://www.arnauanglada.com/
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2008, 06:15:26 am »

I'm sorry to make such a simple question because there must be a simple answer that I can't see but: Why doesn't canon/nikon make leaf shutter lenses? I mean, after seeing mamiya put leaf lenses in focal plane shutter bodies I got the idea that it must not be a difficult thing to to. They sure have the market for it don't they?

Arnau.
---------------------------------------

free1000

• http://www.foliobook.mobi
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2008, 07:00:20 am »

I'm sorry to make such a simple question because there must be a simple answer that I can't see but: Why doesn't canon/nikon make leaf shutter lenses? I mean, after seeing mamiya put leaf lenses in focal plane shutter bodies I got the idea that it must not be a difficult thing to to. They sure have the market for it don't they?
Arnau.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222293\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

They don't need to. Their flash units sync at high speeds anyway so theres no need for leaf shutters except for the professional market.

Course, you could always get an adapter I guess.
@foliobook
Foliobook professional photo

Snook

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008, 08:33:01 am »

They don't need to. Their flash units sync at high speeds anyway so theres no need for leaf shutters except for the professional market.

Course, you could always get an adapter I guess.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222297\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well I am sure he was referring for the professional market..

And There a lot of people in the professional market using Canon..
Not sure I understand your point..
I for one would Die for a Leafshutter lens for a canon.
I am one of the biggest advocates for Leaf shutter lens!!!
:+}

Are you listening Canon????

Snook

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 09:38:02 am »

Bernard et al:

Re Mamiya product development, a different perspective...   I would simply point out that now, after the strategic partnering with Phase, we seem to be having new products filling the pipeline pretty quickly.  This year to present we have a new body and four new lenses; going forward for this year we have at least two more lenses and maybe three, a vertical grip and back-to-4x5 adapter.  IMO that is not too shabby a total of new products for a company that was considering an abandonment of the camera market altogether two years ago... 

Cheers,
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222015\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

....and to really put it in perspective, remember how long it took Mamiya to release the ZD back and ZD Camera after their first announcement?  Wasn't it about three years?  How embarrasing---and somewhat of a disappointment after such a long wait.

It seems that they have really gotten their act together releasing excellent new products (with Phase!) albeit at a new premium price.  I'm very happy with my new Phase 645 and the new lens choices.  I'd love to see a re-worked "d" series Mamiya 35mm.....

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008, 09:59:53 am »

....and to really put it in perspective, remember how long it took Mamiya to release the ZD back and ZD Camera after their first announcement?  Wasn't it about three years?  How embarrasing---and somewhat of a disappointment after such a long wait.

It seems that they have really gotten their act together releasing excellent new products (with Phase!) albeit at a new premium price.  I'm very happy with my new Phase 645 and the new lens choices.  I'd love to see a re-worked "d" series Mamiya 35mm.....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222336\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

me, too.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

woof75

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 10:56:08 am »

me, too.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222345\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I second, er I mean 3rd that.

Pantoned

• http://www.arnauanglada.com/
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2008, 11:31:12 am »

Yes I was referring to professional market, I also hope someone is listening, after all, if they want to compete with medium format they should start working about it.

Arnau.

Well I am sure he was referring for the professional market..

Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222312\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 11:31:48 am by Pantoned »
---------------------------------------

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2008, 12:42:45 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222312\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Why would Canon do this? They would need a new lens mount, and all new lenses. If you think the L series lenses are expensive, think how much they would be if Canon started selling low-volume leaf shuter lenses with the added cost of the shutter in each lens. Think $3K+ per lens. I'm not even sure Canon is capable of making a truly pro series of lenses. The current L lenses are a mixed bag, and they've had years to improve them. How can Canon then compete with the existing MF players which all have a healthy supply of used lenses to keep the system price down?

If you want leaf shutter lenses just get a proven leaf shutter system! There are a couple of proven platforms already.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 12:43:01 pm by foto-z »

Snook

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2008, 01:19:00 pm »

Why would Canon do this? They would need a new lens mount, and all new lenses. If you think the L series lenses are expensive, think how much they would be if Canon started selling low-volume leaf shuter lenses with the added cost of the shutter in each lens. Think $3K+ per lens. I'm not even sure Canon is capable of making a truly pro series of lenses. The current L lenses are a mixed bag, and they've had years to improve them. How can Canon then compete with the existing MF players which all have a healthy supply of used lenses to keep the system price down?

If you want leaf shutter lenses just get a proven leaf shutter system! There are a couple of proven platforms already.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222391\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Why would they need anew lens mount.. sorry if I may ask.
They already have it electronically connected to the camera. I believe that is what the new mamiya one does also. It is through the lens with the camera operating it. Not like the older ones that the whole thing happen by the mirror slapping...?

Then it would need to be programmed.

I do not think it is as difficult as you think and there a huge market of fashion guys and advertising guys that would use it for sure.

I could be wrong but I do not think it is hard as you may think..:+]
But whatever, I know you have your Rollei and can sync at what you want...:+}
Lucky bastard...
Snook

bcooter

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2008, 02:38:53 pm »

are your becoming serious.  canon and nikon sell more numbers of expensive lens than anyone.

put the price of a 200mm f2 on the table.  look at the expensive long lens at all sports and news events.  

the leaf shutter lens you speak of in such proven healthy volume for the rollei.   where do you find these on the www.

I go to keh.com and they have a very small amount of rollei lens.  kurland photo is the only company in america I find multiple rollei lens and they are new and big expense.

maybe in europe the rollei lens has more of a volume.  can you show me where on the www so i can price.

thank you

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2008, 03:44:14 pm »

are your becoming serious.  canon and nikon sell more numbers of expensive lens than anyone.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222424\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think you misunderstood me

Snook

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2008, 03:50:26 pm »

I think you misunderstood me
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222437\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And How did we do that?
Please explain a little further if you don't mind.
Like I said I do not if it is "possible" that is why I stated it with a ?? afterwards.
But I think it would certainly sell more the a Rollei lens would...:+}
Snook

Snook

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2008, 12:33:09 pm »

Jeez why would they....
What a horrible idea.. leaf shuter lens...
And why would leica...?
LOL
Snook

Snook

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2008, 10:01:36 am »

Jeez why would they....
What a horrible idea.. leaf shuter lens...
And why would leica...?
LOL
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=223300\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What a disappointment Mamiya is so far at the shows....

Even there Booth looks miserable..

Looks like Leica is going to steel the show...:+}
Even they came out with leaf shutter lens!! Too bad we would have to sell the house or a child to buy one..
Snook
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up