Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar Hy6 - 65 Camera Prices  (Read 44145 times)

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Sinar Hy6 - 65 Camera Prices
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 04:45:00 am »

No Patrick, you will invest this money in 2 or 3 lenses more!

Best regards,
Thierry

as expected prices

I just saved myself a 6.000€ by NOT buying the Hy6 last year ...

Digital back price is very comfortable now !
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221701\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 06:06:41 am »

Dear Carl,

There should be upgrade/trade-in available, but am not sure yet what they will be. Please be patient until after Photokina and the contact your distributor.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

Nice!

Thierry,

Is there any upgrade deal going on?

I'd love to trade up my Sinar 54LV for the esprit 65LV and save a bit of money if possible.
Regards,

Carl
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221567\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 06:21:04 am »

Dear Paul,

sorry for the delay in answering. Recommended prices for and availability of the lenses for the Hy6 are as follow:

- Schneider AFD Xenotar 2.8/80 PQS - Euro 1'909.- ---> from stock

- Schneider AFD S-Angulon 2.8/50 PQS - Euro 3'351.- ---> from stock

- Schneider AFD Tele-Xenar 2.8/180 PQ - Euro 3'707.- ---> from stock

- Schneider Super-Angulon 3.5/40 HFT-PQ - Euro  4'262.- ---> from stock

- Schneider Apo-Tele-Xenar 4/300 HFT-PQ - Euro 5'293.- ---> as long as stock lasts

- Schneider Variogon 5.6/140-280 HFT-PQ - Euro 6'091.- ---> as long as stock lasts

- Schneider Apo-Symmar macro 4/90 HFT PQS - Euro 3'317.- ---> from stock

- Zeiss Distagon 4/50 EL HFT PQ - Euro 1'823.- ---> as long as stock lasts

- Zeiss Planar 2/110 HFT PQ - Euro 4'372.- ---> as long as stock lasts

- Zeiss Sonnar 4/150 HFT PQS - Euro 2'720.- ---> as long as stock lasts

- Zeiss Sonnar 5.6/250 HFT PQS - Euro 3'165.- ---> from stock

and some of the accessories:

- 45° Prism Finder Hy6 - Euro 945.- ---> from stock

- Film Magazine 4560 - Euro 669.- ---> from stock

- Hy6 Film Magazine Adapter for 4560 - Euro 467.- ---> from stock

Best regards,
Thierry

thierry, can you repost the prices for the lenses and finder so i see what a whole system would cost? (i know it was posted a while back).

i was quite sold on phase, but the large screen and rotating back, and speed are very usefull features. ill definitely look into this system further.

cheers paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221611\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 06:23:11 am »

David,

you can count on Adam and King Size Studios: very serious and helpful.

Best regards,
Thierry

That's funny because I was sold on phase as well and decided to wait until photokina before making a commitment.

When Thierry announced the Hy6 s65r that suddenly changed everything. What's most important to me is onsite & dealer assistance in hardware, capture, post processing, digital tech services, repair turn around time and loaner policy.

King size studios in NZ, http://web.mac.com/adamcustins/kingsize_sales/welcome.html have been more than helpful and supportive in this regard 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221649\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 07:11:00 am »

Hi Ben,

YES, the "Automatic White Balance" does work on all camera bodies supported by the Sinarback eSprit 65. This has nothing to do with the RGB sensor.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

Hi Thierry,

Does the Auto WB of the eSprit back work with any camera, or only the Hy6? If I used an eSprit back on a Mamiya 645 for instance, can I use the auto WB, or does it only work in conjunction with the Hy6's internal WB sensor?

Ben
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221691\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 07:16:34 am »

Excellent, thank you.

Ben

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 11:26:22 am »

- Schneider AFD Xenotar 2.8/80 PQS - Euro 1'909.- ---> from stock

- Schneider AFD S-Angulon 2.8/50 PQS - Euro 3'351.- ---> from stock

- Schneider AFD Tele-Xenar 2.8/180 PQ - Euro 3'707.- ---> from stock

- Schneider Super-Angulon 3.5/40 HFT-PQ - Euro  4'262.- ---> from stock

- Zeiss Planar 2/110 HFT PQ - Euro 4'372.- ---> as long as stock lasts

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221724\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

About every 6 months I think about changing medium format cameras and I start counting.

The HY6 lenses above at current exchange rates come to $23,359.

Then I look at the H system and adding one H body and 5 lenses (even shopping around) gets to around $20,000.

Next the Phamiya, which still seems to be a work in progress in regards to lenses and right angle grips and I assume that switch will also be around $20,000 with lenses.

Now these are just camera and lens prices and if I decided to switch digital backs, well there goes another $18,000 minimum so I ask myself what am I actually gaining for spending $30,000 to $40,000?

I guess I'm just spoiled with the ghetto prices of my Contaxs because everytime I think about one of these switches I just fold my check book up and get back to work.

For a $38,000 investment I can do a lot, add a few Parabolic umbrellas, more profotos, even some HMI's.

Now, in the world of medium format $30,000 is a drop in price to where it was a year ago and I think the new Sinar is very interesting and shows that Sinar is listening well.  A dng workflow, a better lcd, in camera processing and the price for the base package is good, actually surpisingly good but in the end what am I really going to change what I can do now?

What I don't understand is why nobody but Hasselblad has a fast 110 that autfocuses.  If you shoot full length people in interior locations or do portraits for advertising that mm is invaluable especially with the crop sensors.

Ask anyone that uses a Canon and most of us could weld the 85mm 1.2 on it and be fine.

JR

John_Black

• http://www.pebbleplace.com
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 12:15:09 pm »

Aside from the PPR, who else sells Sinar in the US market?  Looking to compile a short list of dealers.  Thanks.

thsinar

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 12:35:20 pm »

Dear John,

all the US Sinar dealers can be found here:

http://www.sinarbron.com/dealers.php

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

Aside from the PPR, who else sells Sinar in the US market?  Looking to compile a short list of dealers.  Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221772\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

John_Black

• http://www.pebbleplace.com
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 01:06:01 pm »

Thank you Thierry.  The list says "primary".  Is there secondary list - I'm hoping to find a dealer in the Orlando, Florida area.  I have an associate who is very interested in demo'ing the HY6-65 system and he's having trouble finding a dealer in his local area.

thsinar

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 01:18:42 pm »

You are welcome, John.

Nope, not to my knowledge: this is the only list I know. I see however that this tile has been added very recently and says:

"If you do not see a dealer in your area please contact info@sinarbron.com and we will direct you to a local dealer"

I would suggest to contact SBI, either Colin King (cking@sinarbron.com) or Dave Mc. Ritchie (dmcritchie@sinarbron.com): they will certainly be able to give you the information.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thank you Thierry.  The list says "primary".  Is there secondary list - I'm hoping to find a dealer in the Orlando, Florida area.  I have an associate who is very interested in demo'ing the HY6-65 system and he's having trouble finding a dealer in his local area.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221792\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 01:18:59 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 03:00:09 pm »

I decided to go for the Rollei 6008 system. I have never regretted this choice or found reason to reconsider.

+1... at least until the Hy6 came along

Why do you think AF is so important in MF? A good focusing screen lets you focus manually anywhere in the frame without putting the subject under an AF sensor.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221809\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Again, I have to agree. I have 6 lenses for the 6008AF/Hy6 and none of them are AF.

JR, one final point - it's true that the lenses can cost a lot if all bought new, but I got my 40mm PQ, 80mm PQS and 150mm PQS for under €3000. These are easy to find used. Add a new 110/2 if you like and the lens collection is still not so bad at around €7000. I doubt any Hy6 user here went out and bought a whole set of new lenses.

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 03:12:09 pm »

James,
I decided to go for the Rollei 6008 system. I have never regretted this choice or found reason to reconsider.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221809\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually, I don't want to get to deep into the workings of my business, but I'm very fortunate as my business is good, even in today's climate.

And actually I have no regrets on the cameras I use.  For what I do with medium format the contax's work very well.  I'd like a 110 ...I'd like a leaf shutter on a 80 and 45mm but not leaf shutters for everything, so they work.

I can buy what I want tomorrow, but I never think that way, I always like to have that feeling in my stomach that I have to keep pushing forward.

As far as the 6008 I think it's a beautiful camera but would never own one.  In the U.S. they have no presence and were never in rental or easy to find, much less buy.

When I went to medium format I walked in to buy an H series but I can never get my head around that camera.  Some people love it, it sells well, it has an extensive lens line, but I just personally don't like it so I didn't buy.  Probably never will.

You right there is no perfect camera but don't think for a moment that the makers of these things do not go through this and other forums looking for ideas on how to improve their product . . . what buyers want . . . what they don't.

In some small way I believe all of us commenting on cameras may help down the line.

Now in regards to the HY6 or Rollei or AFI or whatever it's called, I like it but there a huge holes in the lens line for autofocus.  

I don't use auto often but when I do it's needed.  Once again I don't want to spell out my business plan on a forum but I work in a lot of genres.  Some a two shot day with huge proudciton, others a 20 shot day on a white cove.

On those 20 shot days autofocus is nice.

In regards to investing, I think there are a lot better returns than just cameras.  Obviously we need them, heck I like new cameras, but 40, 50, or 60k into my studio, or promotion, or lighting can bring a higher return.

Consequently I'm not one to sell something that is still working, i.e. the contax and the phase backs.  You can never buy it again for what you sell it for or at least I can't but then again I'm not big on trading cameras on e-bay or anywhere else.

There are much better ways to spend time.

But to summarize to your statement, I'm good with what I have, until I see something that is miles better or until a client says I must have it.  

Then the "investment" is easy.

But to be clear, I have no absolute loyalty to camera brands, anymore than cars, production vehicles or the chair I sit on.  

I do like and respect many of the people I have met with the camera companies and dealers and my loyalties are much stronger for individuals than a corporate logo, even a small corporation.

Some cameras are fun, or your build a working feel with and those tend to last a long time.  

Others are just tools of the trade.

JR
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 03:16:45 pm by James R Russell »

Mike W

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 03:34:44 pm »

No Patrick, you will invest this money in 2 or 3 lenses more!

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221703\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You know, that jedi mind-trick does not work on an internet forum. :-)
Or in real life for that matter.

you *WILL* buy this camera -waves hand-

thsinar

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 11:38:19 pm »

James,

as usual you are right: there are "holes" in the AF lens line-up, but all planed lenses are now in construction and/or in production stage. Before end of the year these holes should be filled up, mostly.

Yes, AF is a nice-to-have feature for certain situations but there are also many fashion/people photographers who would never use AF. And for those, the large and bright(est) screen of the Hy6 makes manual focus easy and on the spot.

I still wish to remind people, that the Hy6 camera is probably the body accepting the most lenses, being it existing/available ones or easily available from the second-hand market: there are nearly 50 different non-AF, AF and AFD (Schneider and Zeiss) lenses available for this camera platform.

Best regards,
Thierry

Now in regards to the HY6 or Rollei or AFI or whatever it's called, I like it but there a huge holes in the lens line for autofocus. 

I don't use auto often but when I do it's needed.  Once again I don't want to spell out my business plan on a forum but I work in a lot of genres.  Some a two shot day with huge proudciton, others a 20 shot day on a white cove.

On those 20 shot days autofocus is nice.

JR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221821\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:38:59 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

BJNY

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 07:11:26 am »

James,

as usual you are right: there are "holes" in the AF lens line-up, but all planed lenses are now in construction and/or in production stage. Before end of the year these holes should be filled up, mostly.

Thierry,

Are there other AF lenses to be announced at Photokina aside from the 35mm Flektogon?
Guillermo

Mitchell Baum

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 07:22:02 am »

Graham,

I haven't been able to find Rollei lenses here in the US. Could you suggest some sources? In Europe that speak English?

Thanks,

Mitchell

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2008, 07:41:03 am »

Graham,

I haven't been able to find Rollei lenses here in the US. Could you suggest some sources? In Europe that speak English?

Thanks,

Mitchell
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222021\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

try Camera West in Monterey.
Ebay, even Ebay (Germany) does pretty well.
Eli Kurland (NYC) used to have - but not so much used anymore.

Geoff
Geoff

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2008, 07:42:14 am »

Graham,

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=222021\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In English, the best bet is ebay. Have you tried searching worldwide? There are many people in Europe who speak English too, but they usually place ads in their first language so you will have that small barrier to overcome. In the UK there are quite a few shops which sell used Rollei gear, but the selection per shop is small and hit-and-miss.

FrançoisTT

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2008, 08:29:28 am »

About lenses for Hy6,
what does it means : "as long as stock lasts" ???
Are these lenses no longer manufactured ?
Is Zeiss 110mm could be soon replaced by a new AFD model ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up