Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS Metadata Templates to LR Metadata Presets?  (Read 1817 times)

evonzz

• CENTRAL STUDIOS
CS Metadata Templates to LR Metadata Presets?
« on: September 13, 2008, 07:58:12 am »

I have loads of metadata templates that i use in Bridge when editing folders and importing onto the computer.  Now that i am starting to use LR2, the metadata interface does not appear to have any mechanism to be able to import the existing xmp metadata templates.

I do not understand why Adobe has created a conflicting nomenclature for metadata here.

Are there any scripts available to import old Bridge metadata templates into LR? any suggestions?
Or is this going to be a laborious process of selecting images that are based on all my metadata templates and then saving them as metadata presets?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 09:35:21 am »

No automatic way. Apply your template to an image in Bridge/PS, then import that image to LR, and save a new metadata preset. In LR2 metadata presets now include keywords so it's less of a thankless task than in LR1.

John

evonzz

• CENTRAL STUDIOS
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 09:52:51 am »

No automatic way. Apply your template to an image in Bridge/PS, then import that image to LR, and save a new metadata preset. In LR2 metadata presets now include keywords so it's less of a thankless task than in LR1.

John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221207\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

OK, tedious, but no so painful. But why oh why did Adobe not maintain a little consistency across these apps?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 10:20:20 am »

OK, tedious, but no so painful. But why oh why did Adobe not maintain a little consistency across these apps?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221212\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I was pressing them to do so, but there was also a need to take a ground-up approach and not be restrained by what was done in the past. Only a small elite used metadata templates to any great extent.

John
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 10:20:54 am by johnbeardy »
Pages: [1]   Go Up