Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Micro FourThirds combo camera and lens  (Read 5690 times)

BJL

Micro FourThirds combo camera and lens
« on: September 12, 2008, 12:34:24 pm »

There is more evidence that Panasonic intends some Micro FourThirds cameras and lenses to be aimed at the "combo cam" market, even though its first M4/3 body does not have movie mode. According to The Imaging Resource,
Panasonic is promising at least three new lenses next year (2009) [including] ... a long-ratio 14-140mm f/4-5.6 OIS "HD" lens. - The "HD" indicates that this lens will support on-the-fly focusing during HD movie recording, on a camera that will also be announced sometime in 2009.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:36:56 pm by BJL »

dalethorn

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 11:38:20 pm »

There is more evidence that Panasonic intends some Micro FourThirds cameras and lenses to be aimed at the "combo cam" market, even though its first M4/3 body does not have movie mode. According to The Imaging Resource,
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221051\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have two of their newer compacts with HD video, and I'd say they have a long way to go on focusing issues while shooting video.  I just hope they've hired some software people who know what they're doing.

Er1kksen

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 07:02:22 pm »

http://www.digitalcamera.jp/html/HotNews/i...12/G1-073-L.jpg

^^^Take a look at that image, it's a display of some products they plan to launch next year. The lens in the middle is the 14-140 HD lens, which is supposed to be specially designed for better focusing with video, and the camera on the top is a future model with video (note the red letters HD on the side), with the 14-140 mounted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up