Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: preparing to shoot film with the Fuji GX 680  (Read 2108 times)

hs0zfe

preparing to shoot film with the Fuji GX 680
« on: September 12, 2008, 06:31:16 am »

Hi All,

I am buying GX 680 gear on eBay. there are many inserts for sale. Would this work, loeding roll film and then putting the inserts into the film backs? Or would I need the complete film backs?

Lenses: 125 mm, 65 mm, 100 mm. I fancy the 3.2/180 (or was it 190 ? Not the soft focus lens). Lens recommendations, please, anyone? Does Fuji offer a macro lens, or would you use the 40 mm extended bellows for close ups? Thank you!  Chris

revaaron

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 02:01:43 pm »

I just got a new contax 645 in the mail today.
very weird... especially after the rolleicord.

dirkpieters

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 03:06:03 pm »

Hi All,

I am buying GX 680 gear on eBay. there are many inserts for sale. Would this work, loeding roll film and then putting the inserts into the film backs? Or would I need the complete film backs?

Lenses: 125 mm, 65 mm, 100 mm. I fancy the 3.2/180 (or was it 190 ? Not the soft focus lens). Lens recommendations, please, anyone? Does Fuji offer a macro lens, or would you use the 40 mm extended bellows for close ups? Thank you!  Chris
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=220979\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes you can load inserts and insert them when you run out of film (after 9 shots).
Nice camera especially for movements I'm also selling mine.All the lenses are great.I have the 3.2 180 as well; Fanatastic lens.You get a bit of ghosting when you you do an extreme tilt but for portraits its amazing .You get great shallow depth of field.I have even hand held it a lot .I also use my Schneider 210 with the Linhoff adapter.
Have you got it yet and how much did you pay?
Pic taken with GX
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 03:06:46 pm by dirkpieters »

hs0zfe

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 09:22:01 am »

Yes you can load inserts and insert them when you run out of film (after 9 shots).
Nice camera especially for movements I'm also selling mine.All the lenses are great.I have the 3.2 180 as well; Fanatastic lens.You get a bit of ghosting when you you do an extreme tilt but for portraits its amazing .You get great shallow depth of field.I have even hand held it a lot .I also use my Schneider 210 with the Linhoff adapter.
Have you got it yet and how much did you pay?
Pic taken with GX
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221076\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Cheers! Well, I won eBay auctions for a body with 135 mm and a 5.6/180 mm lens for EUR 398 combined (the body was EUR 299 or about $ 430, the lens EUR 99 or $ 142). That Linhof adapter is very interesting as I have a Kardan-Bi with 4 lenses! Especially the Rodenstock Macro might be useful. Q: is there a macro lens in the Fuji line ? Which one would that be?

At those prices, I plan to get more Fuji glass.   Love the photo - thank you for posting it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up