Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eagle  (Read 3756 times)

Argentina

Eagle
« on: September 08, 2008, 08:46:00 pm »

Here's something from a 2 and 1/2 month backpacking trip light wasn't to great but I liked the picture. I have better pictures I'll post later just wanted to see the reactions from my raw conversion attempt.

BruceHouston

Eagle
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 03:33:39 am »

Here's something from a 2 and 1/2 month backpacking trip light wasn't to great but I liked the picture. I have better pictures I'll post later just wanted to see the reactions from my raw conversion attempt.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=220229\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Cool!

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Eagle
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 05:04:52 am »

Well if this is a natural outcrop you certainly have a good eye for spotting the shape!  I'm a little disturbed by the overall yellowish cast to the image, though. Even the grass is yellow-ish green.  Makes it look as though the white balance is off.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Argentina

Eagle
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 12:50:09 pm »

Yes it is a bit yellowish I don't know how to get what I want from the picture it was late afternoon almost sunset a storm was rolling in but I had sun from behind so the granite had a yellow hue somewhat and the grass was starting to dry up, turn yellow but the (sand in front and Eagle) should be a bit more grey. If I lower the white balance about 400 hundred then it looks grey and dreary the whole picture yet it was very bright hmm how to explain the colors I saw in person were almost unnatural like the moisture in the air was also reflecting sunlight. maybe I need to layer so I can keep the clouds light and lower the white balance on the eagle?

Argentina

Eagle
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 01:03:08 pm »

Maybe this will help it was kinda natural yellow hue that afternoon from the storm this was taken about 30 minutes before the eagle. Can someone help me improve the eagle with this type of light situation?

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Eagle
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 03:00:43 pm »

Well, everyone gets their own opinion - being your image, you get to decide what it should look like.  Here are a couple of possibilities after a quick pass through Lightroom...

[attachment=8283:attachment]  [attachment=8284:attachment]

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

ARD

• http://
Eagle
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 04:40:48 pm »

Adjusted levels and removed colour cast - well captured

Tim Lookingbill

Eagle
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 01:53:19 am »

I've dealt with these types of color temps with my own raw processing shooting similar scenes in my area of central Texas.

What I've learned is it's not the hue of the color temp that's the issue but the saturation level. But in this image their is a bit too much green in this yellow.

Adjusting color temp sliders does a very good job in correcting this type of image but if you need to apply slight adjustments until you notice you're going to far then look away for a bit and look back because adaptation will fool the eye into seeing what seems to be too much of an adjustment when it really isn't.

Start out by adding a bit of blue/cool side using the color temp slider. You want to keep most of the yellowish hue and the right kind of blue needs to be cobalt or the blue in RGB which has a bit of magenta. If need be add a bit of magenta without making the yellow too orange. What you're trying to do is desaturate the yellow without eliminating it and turning it into a dull neutral looking gray.

My quick fix on your posted jpeg was to convert the sRGB image in Photoshop 7 to ColormatchRGB using absolute colorimetric which will add the right kind of blue to the image without eliminating the yellow. Then I applied Auto Color and faded to 50% using Color blend. Then I applied +10 Saturation and -1 Hue in Hue/Saturation. Then applied a flat S-curve where the end point arcs were placed to tone down the highlight in the rock and bump up shadow detail in the rocks and kept midrange unaltered. You can kind of get the same setting levels bottom output right slider to 245 and left slider to 3.

Then I reconverted back to sRGB using Relative Intent.

[attachment=8302:attachment]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 01:22:26 am by tlooknbill »

popnfresh

Eagle
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 12:33:29 pm »

I'm leaning towards the B&W version. I think it adds drama that's missing in the color versions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up