Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPA Awards 2009  (Read 8893 times)

simplify

IPA Awards 2009
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 06:27:55 pm »

I am JP Jespersen.  Not this man, you are claiming I am.  His photo is very similar to one of mine, however I believe mine in nicer.  http://www.jpjespersen.com/goldengateinfog.html

oops
http://www.jpjespersen.com/goldengateinfog.html

Thanks Thierry for bringing it to our attention & congrats to Rainer. But there is ANOTHER photographer in our midst that has been recognized in those same awards.
    In catagory Architecture; BRIDGES > 3rd place is Maurizio Marcato title called "Fog Gate". As a matter of fact he under the name "Simplify" (rather appropo) he posted the same image > flipped horizontally & a smidgen cropped more, with gray neutral point shifted on Aug 7th, 2008 in now a DEFUNCT extremly popular thread (shame on you-U know who U are) " Recent Works, Post your MFDB work". on page #68, fourth one from bottom. Still a classic shot & I am glad he got the much deserved accolades. Bravissimo.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219644\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 06:37:08 pm by simplify »

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
IPA Awards 2009
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 08:50:00 pm »

Hi
Well done Rainer!! Thanks Thierry for bringing this to our attention. We found out that we had two Honorable Mentions , a nice surprise for a Sunday morning!
Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
IPA Awards 2009
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 10:27:26 pm »

Hi
Well done Rainer!! Thanks Thierry for bringing this to our attention. We found out that we had two Honorable Mentions , a nice surprise for a Sunday morning!
Denis
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221305\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Denis, do you have any idea about the Honorable Mentions e.g . how many are mentioned in each category ?
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
IPA Awards 2009
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 10:37:03 pm »

Denis, do you have any idea about the Honorable Mentions e.g . how many are mentioned in each category ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221315\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi
No I don't know overall how many honorable mentions are awarded per category.  We got one series and one single in two different categories...

Thanks Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

ricm

• http://www.richardmurai.com
IPA Awards 2009
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 03:53:03 pm »

Hi
Denis
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221305\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same here - had no idea that the judging has occurred.

Was awarded three honorable mentions in the Photo Essay category for my Tibet, Burma and Angkor work.

Rick Murai

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
IPA Awards 2009
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 04:42:49 pm »

Looking and trying to count the number of honorable mentions I arrived at conclusion that this year they were awarded to all images. I wish it was not the case since I received four of them for four entries.
Andre

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
IPA Awards 2009
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 12:30:25 pm »

Looking and trying to count the number of honorable mentions I arrived at conclusion that this year they were awarded to all images. I wish it was not the case since I received four of them for four entries.
Andre
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221435\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Regardless of the system or how it was selected, congratulations to everyone.

It's nice to receive recognition and I am sure is deserved.

JR

STEVE K

IPA Awards 2009
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008, 06:52:46 pm »

outstanding work, congratulations to all.     Steve

gwhitf

IPA Awards 2009
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 07:25:46 pm »

Andre
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221435\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Andre,

Not to demean anyone winning one of those things, but just know there are several of these big "award shows" out there. And just know that many of them are simply profit-making businesses, just like photographers, shopping centers, or sandwich shops.

It's like it's all the rage now, to have an awards show.

I'd just be suspicious when they have multiple award for "non-professional photographers" as well as photographers, or a category called "Best Photo Shot at f5.6", that the goal of the thing is to achieve maximum categories, and thus, MAXIMUM ENTRY FEE INCOME.

Not that anyone is being hoodwinked, but couldn't just Joe Anybody start one of these? Then he has a fancy logo done, and a fancy name, and all of a sudden it means something?

I guess if you filed it under simple promotion, then it's OK to do, but beyond that, I'm not sure what it really means to win one of those things, other than you wrote some guy a check to feature one of your pictures. Whether clients see these things, I don't know.

Just one opinion. Just go into these things with your eyes wide open.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 07:27:07 pm by gwhitf »

simplify

IPA Awards 2009
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 07:29:39 pm »

The IPA awards have been around for a long time, and they are pretty well respected by people in the industry.  And are a great way for students to get their work seen as well.
Andre,

Not to demean anyone winning one of those things, but just know there are several of these big "award shows" out there. And just know that many of them are simply profit-making businesses, just like photographers, shopping centers, or sandwich shops.

It's like it's all the rage now, to have an awards show.

I'd just be suspicious when they have multiple award for "non-professional photographers" as well as photographers, or a category called "Best Photo Shot at f5.6", that the goal of the thing is to achieve maximum categories, and thus, MAXIMUM ENTRY FEE INCOME.

Not that anyone is being hoodwinked, but couldn't just Joe Anybody start one of these? Then he has a fancy logo done, and a fancy name, and all of a sudden it means something?

I guess if you filed it under simple promotion, then it's OK to do, but beyond that, I'm not sure what it really means to win one of those things, other than you wrote some guy a check to feature one of your pictures. Whether clients see these things, I don't know.

Just one opinion. Just go into these things with your eyes wide open.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221635\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

simplify

IPA Awards 2009
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 09:01:52 pm »

Plus look at the list of judges who will be exposed to your work if you enter.  http://photoawards.com/photo%5Fcontest/judges.html

People like,
Paul Kopekin
Jeannie Frijol
Susan Baraz

All people who can get your work recognized by thousands.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up