Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 manual sheet paper feed problems  (Read 1780 times)

greeniguana

Z3100 manual sheet paper feed problems
« on: September 03, 2008, 10:57:25 pm »

I purchased a Z3100 in the previous 'sale' a few months back.
When printing on Ilford GFS for the first time a few weeks ago, I got the usual roller and star wheel marks. HP Canada has come out and replaced the star wheel assembly and the rollers. Now the GFS prints are mark free. Most of the surface damage was from the rollers. It was no problem getting service for this. HP service in the Burlington area has been attentive.
Anyway, now the printer is sometimes destroying sheet feed letter size GFS paper that I use for proofs/small prints instead of the 24" roll of GFS. It can bend one leading edge corner and really crease up the trailing edge. The service rep. is looking into this. Sometimes the paper is not drawn in enough to clear all the guides on the sheet feeder, and it gets mangled as the machine checks alignment of the paper. IE the paper does not completely drop down off the guides. It may be crooked at this point, even though I'm careful to start the paper feed as straight as possible. The other issue of a very small bend in one leading edge corner may be related. It looks like one of the front rollers under the star wheel assembly is doing that.
Only on sheet feed...

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 10:59:49 pm by greeniguana »

viswan

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 11:29:04 pm »

I purchased a Z3100 in the previous 'sale' a few months back.
When printing on Ilford GFS for the first time a few weeks ago, I got the usual roller and star wheel marks. HP Canada has come out and replaced the star wheel assembly and the rollers. Now the GFS prints are mark free. Most of the surface damage was from the rollers. It was no problem getting service for this. HP service in the Burlington area has been attentive.
Anyway, now the printer is sometimes destroying sheet feed letter size GFS paper that I use for proofs/small prints instead of the 24" roll of GFS. It can bend one leading edge corner and really crease up the trailing edge. The service rep. is looking into this. Sometimes the paper is not drawn in enough to clear all the guides on the sheet feeder, and it gets mangled as the machine checks alignment of the paper. IE the paper does not completely drop down off the guides. It may be crooked at this point, even though I'm careful to start the paper feed as straight as possible. The other issue of a very small bend in one leading edge corner may be related. It looks like one of the front rollers under the star wheel assembly is doing that.
Only on sheet feed...

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks in advance.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219332\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have this same issue.  I watched it load and noticed that occasionally it doesn't draw the paper in far enough, and one corner gets bent on the plastic feeder tray piece. don't have a fix yet, except to watch it and make sure the paper gets fed in far enough.  it appears to be random.

-Josef
Many of my photos are on Facebook and Fl

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 01:08:23 am »

Same here. About 1 out of 4 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 GFS paper gets jammed with a bent corner. I don't have this problem with any other paper.
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.
Pages: [1]   Go Up