Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Website  (Read 4460 times)

simplify

New Website
« on: September 03, 2008, 08:40:31 pm »

Can you guys tell me how this is looking  http://www.jpjespersen.com/goldengateinfog.html
I just did this today so I can offer sales online.  Do I need to add anything?

Thanks,

PhillyPhotographer

New Website
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 09:04:18 pm »

I like it so far and I love the photo of the bridge.

You might want to add some info about you.

tgphoto

New Website
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 11:15:38 pm »

You are off to a great start!

A few suggestions...

1) You should include your sales and/or return/refund/exchange policy somewhere.

2) Consider incorporating the Google Checkout button(s) on the product page.

LoisWakeman

New Website
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 11:57:27 am »

Looks nice - but under the hood: hmm.

I assume it's just a PS page mockup for testing purposes, right? If so, disregard most or everything below, according to the facts.  

Otherwise, having a hotspotted image is pretty much Jurassic technology these days, and your search engine profile will probably be lower than the Dead Sea. Not to mention inaccessible to anyone with sight problems - remember that us oldies (well, some of us) have lots of disposable income. The tab order is also not logical: try getting about with your keyboard to see what I mean.

If the above is double Dutch, you may need to find someone to help you with current techniques for constructing XHTML and CSS web pages that work across all platforms.

The payment method as it stands is clunky and doesn't look at all professional. You do need to integrate it on the sales page and give your purchasers a consistent experience, otherwise they may wonder who they are giving their money to. There are so many slick sites selling photos out there, and you do have to compete with them on all levels, however beautiful your photos are.

simplify

New Website
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 12:26:41 pm »

Thanks for all the advice.

Looks nice - but under the hood: hmm.

I assume it's just a PS page mockup for testing purposes, right? If so, disregard most or everything below, according to the facts.   

Otherwise, having a hotspotted image is pretty much Jurassic technology these days, and your search engine profile will probably be lower than the Dead Sea. Not to mention inaccessible to anyone with sight problems - remember that us oldies (well, some of us) have lots of disposable income. The tab order is also not logical: try getting about with your keyboard to see what I mean.

If the above is double Dutch, you may need to find someone to help you with current techniques for constructing XHTML and CSS web pages that work across all platforms.

The payment method as it stands is clunky and doesn't look at all professional. You do need to integrate it on the sales page and give your purchasers a consistent experience, otherwise they may wonder who they are giving their money to. There are so many slick sites selling photos out there, and you do have to compete with them on all levels, however beautiful your photos are.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219643\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 04:39:04 pm by simplify »

joergen geerds

• http://joergengeerds.com
New Website
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 06:52:04 pm »

I went back to your blog, (and I agree that the sales pages look nice but are just mockups), and I think you should look into the existing ecommerce/shop plugins. I am not sure how many exist for typepad, but wordpress has a couple.

good luck with your website

joergen
luminous-newyork.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up