Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS2 Action  (Read 1458 times)

dragonfly5

CS2 Action
« on: September 03, 2008, 06:38:51 pm »

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I think I'm missing something basic but can't get my finger on it. Essentially this is in regards to a batch process whereby about 700 images will be placed onto a template for an ID card. I'm trying a batch file with a stop command so that the image can be nudged for final placing before flattening the layers of the ID card.
When recording,I open up the ID card from a separate folder, open up image from another folder, resize, Ctl-A,Ctl-C, close, not to save changes, Ctl-V on ID card, image is placed. I then stop recording, insert stop command labeled as move, Move the image, start recording, flatten image, save in different folder, stop recording. When I play the action is does everything right and stops when I need to move the inserted file -but I can't move the file.
What am I doing wrong??I'm also trying to go through some tutorials and can't seem to find an answer yet.
Thanks in advance.

Michael Bailey

CS2 Action
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 03:57:27 pm »

When you're on the Move Tool, is it possible that you have the Auto-Select button checked in the Tool Options bar? That's a tricky one that I suspect has led many computers to be flung through windows.

If you haven't noticed that option, it will activate whichever layer your cursor is over when you click the mouse, so often when you're trying to move Layer X, Photoshop thinks you're trying to move the Background, which it won't allow.

If this doesn't answer your question, I'll keep thinking!

MB
Pages: [1]   Go Up