Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf 65S Vs 65  (Read 1962 times)

SeanBK

Leaf 65S Vs 65
« on: September 03, 2008, 05:53:43 pm »

Other than the capture speed & burst rate. They both have identical specs. Can anyone varify the difference in image quality of the two & how they perform at higher ISO. It is supposed to go upto ISO 800, but how good is it @ 400+?
    They have special pricing for the 65 (28MP w/7.2 micron pixel size -Dalsa sensor) for $13,995. Basically what will one be giving up, if one opts for 65 & not the latest 65S?
    Thanks for the input.
 BTW. Frank Doorhof is featured on the Leaf website - COOL  

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
Leaf 65S Vs 65
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 09:23:26 pm »

Other than the capture speed & burst rate. They both have identical specs. Can anyone varify the difference in image quality of the two & how they perform at higher ISO. It is supposed to go upto ISO 800, but how good is it @ 400+?
    They have special pricing for the 65 (28MP w/7.2 micron pixel size -Dalsa sensor) for $13,995. Basically what will one be giving up, if one opts for 65 & not the latest 65S?
    Thanks for the input.
 BTW. Frank Doorhof is featured on the Leaf website - COOL 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219281\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sean,

I have the Aptus 65. Per what I was informed by Leaf the only difference to Aptus 65S is as you say the capture speed and burst rate. They also told me that sensor and image quality is identical to Leaf Aptus 75, something which I also tested in their studio here in Hong Kong.

In regards to ISO 400 and higher, as an amateur I do use it when I have to. I have used it in low artificial light which is not best situation. Obvious not noice free, but due to the near 28MP the trick is to use it at reduced image size. This way the noise is small particles that at times appear film like. It is a major differnce in this compared to an around 20MP digital back. Before I had the ZD and Nikon D200. There is no comparison. The Aptus 65 beats them hands down. If you want noise free shoot low ISO. Nightscenes at 20-30 seconds come out complete clean and noise free. To be frank, I feel I can depend on the Aptus 65 similar to I did with film. I have not felt that with digital before. My shooting is mostly landscapes and people when travel, and if I have to I will use ISO800, but I of course avoid to use and try use ISO 50 most of time.

Regards
Anders
Pages: [1]   Go Up