Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Nick Rains' Post Deleted  (Read 29511 times)

bjanes

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« on: September 03, 2008, 07:45:08 am »

Yesterday Nick Rains posted a message concerning the possible release date for CS4 and received a nasty rebuke from Jeff Schewe, who accused him of breaking or being complicit in breaking a nondisclosure agreement with Adobe and suggested that he should be banned from the forum. Nick maintained his innocence and received support from several forum members, but then the site was scrubbed clean of all references to the thread.

Shown below is all I could recover last night concerning this thread:

"Nick Rains. post Today, 02:24 AM. Post #1. regular * * Group: Members ... Just an FYI - the full CS4 suite including Photoshop CS4 will be released on ...
luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27639&mode=threaded&pid=218846 -"

Bill

michael

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 08:09:09 am »

Nick wrote to me last night and asked that I delete the post. He said that he had learned that he had been in error in posting the information to begin with and would like the problem to be reduced. I therefore deleted the post as requested.

It was as simple as that. We now return you to the X-Files.

Michael
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 08:09:38 am by michael »

Kenneth Sky

• http://
Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 08:09:48 am »

I don't think he should be banned but I agree with suppressing nthat post. As the publisher of this forum, Michael has the legal liability of not enabling a breech of contract (NDA). One might argue that he might have been more transparent about this but to most of us this is self-evident.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 08:55:36 am »

Well it turns out there was nothing wrong about what he posted, and Jeff owes him a couple apologies: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10031200-...HeadlinesArea.0

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 09:02:37 am »

bjanes

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 09:08:58 am »

Well it turns out there was nothing wrong about what he posted, and Jeff owes him a couple apologies: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10031200-...HeadlinesArea.0
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Also, the launch on Sept 23 has been announced on the main [a href=\"http://www.adobe.com/]Adobe Web Site[/url]. You can even sign up to view the announcement on the web via Flashplayer. It seems like it is Jeff who has the wrong information.

Bill

picnic

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 10:39:04 am »

Also, the launch on Sept 23 has been announced on the main Adobe Web Site. You can even sign up to view the announcement on the web via Flashplayer. It seems like it is Jeff who has the wrong information.

Bill
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219150\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

But--it appears that Nick himself asked Michael to delete the post--and---there's nothing about him being 'banned' for goodness sake.  Just that the post was deleted at  his request.  Either other people don't read all the posts or just choose to ignore some of them.

Diane
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 10:40:19 am by picnic »

DarkPenguin

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 10:46:25 am »

Is it actually being released or are they just giving a preview?

bjanes

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 11:42:50 am »

But--it appears that Nick himself asked Michael to delete the post--and---there's nothing about him being 'banned' for goodness sake.  Just that the post was deleted at  his request.  Either other people don't read all the posts or just choose to ignore some of them.

Diane
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219168\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Diane,

The thread where Jeff Schewe suggested that Nick be banned from the forum has been deleted by Michael and apparently it is you who have not read all the posts. Did you read the entire thread before it was deleted?

Bill

bjanes

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 11:50:48 am »

Is it actually being released or are they just giving a preview?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

According to a comment on the [a href=\"http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10031200-92.html]CNet Post[/url], Adobe is only offering a preview of CS4 on that date, and the actual release date has not been announced.

Bill

DarkPenguin

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 11:57:51 am »

According to a comment on the CNet Post, Adobe is only offering a preview of CS4 on that date, and the actual release date has not been announced.

Bill
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219192\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not that Jeff wasn't being an overreacting @&&#*!= but he appears to have been technically right.

DarkPenguin

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 11:58:55 am »

And thank you for the clarification.  There has to be something seriously cool in CS4 to get me to buy it.  Since LR2 I've barely gone into CS3.

David Mantripp

• :: snowhenge dot net ::
Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 02:02:21 pm »

Jeff Schewe's general overbearingness, nastiness and arrogance has really soured this forum for me.  Not that he would care one iota.  

It's a pity he has to project such an unpleasant persona. Polar opposite to Bruce Fraser, RIP.
--
David Mantripp

mbridgers

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 03:04:02 pm »

Jeff Schewe's general overbearingness, nastiness and arrogance has really soured this forum for me.  Not that he would care one iota. 

It's a pity he has to project such an unpleasant persona. Polar opposite to Bruce Fraser, RIP.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219222\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I for one will never again buy from LL anything Jeff Schewe is associated with, nor will I buy any of his books.

Philmar

• Office drone by day - Photoenthusiast on weekends
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/phil_marion/albums
Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 03:06:52 pm »

Jeff Schewe's general overbearingness, nastiness and arrogance has really soured this forum for me.  Not that he would care one iota. 

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219222\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I, for one, enjoy Schewe-bacca's direct style. C'mon people, it's the internet - seems different norms of behavior exist here than in face-to-face contact.

DarkPenguin

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 03:14:45 pm »

Jeff Schewe provides a ton of information.  One can cope with his occasional prickliness.

JeffKohn

• http://jeffk-photo.typepad.com
Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 03:20:17 pm »

I, for one, enjoy Schewe-bacca's direct style. C'mon people, it's the internet - seems different norms of behavior exist here than in face-to-face contact.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219243\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
In the deleted thread, Mr Schewe suggested that the original poster "go out on the freeway and play with the oncoming cars" or something to that affect. A direct, no-nonsense posting style is one thing, but mean-spirited, nasty personal attacks are another.

If I were Epson or Adobe (or Reichmann for that matter), I would re-think whether I really want somebody like that associated with me or my company, even in an "unoffocial" capacity.
Jeff Kohn
[url=http://ww

vandevanterSH

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 04:04:35 pm »

"In the deleted thread, Mr Schewe suggested that the original poster "go out on the freeway and play with the oncoming cars" or something to that affect."

That is a disturbing comment from a person that has a professional relationship with this site.

Steve

picnic

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 04:06:29 pm »

Diane,

The thread where Jeff Schewe suggested that Nick be banned from the forum has been deleted by Michael and apparently it is you who have not read all the posts. Did you read the entire thread before it was deleted?

Bill
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219187\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, I did.  Michael (above post) says absolutely nothing about Nick being banned--Nick called Michael and asked for the thread to be deleted.  Yes, I read Jeff's comment asking for him to be banned BUT--that didn't happen one has to assume from Michael's own post.  The thread that Michael deleted was also the same one where Nick announced PS 4 date, so obviously that whole thread had to be deleted if anything was (including Jeff's comment).  Have you seen anything about anyone being banned by Michael--he certainly stated it pretty clearly of what happened and why---and basically said--move on.

My post was in reference to Nick being banned (not) and why the thread was deleted (by request--not of Jeff's).

Diane
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 04:10:07 pm by picnic »

tgphoto

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 04:22:38 pm »

Love him or hate him, none of us would be where we are today without Jeff's generous contributions to the art and craft of photography.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up