Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf mount swap  (Read 1986 times)

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
Leaf mount swap
« on: September 02, 2008, 05:00:08 pm »

Do I have any other options other than sending my back to leaf to get the mount changed for around $2k?

My back is an h mount and I originally purchased it to be used on a large format camera, which is its primary function.  However id really like to be able to use it on a 500 series hassy for location people shots.

Are any dealers running a promotion on mount swaps or anything of the sort?

I know there is the option for the mamiya rz67 adapter which I was originally goign to purchase but for location and hand holding the v series hassies are far better.

Id gladly pay the same price as the adapter kit for the rz67 kit, to get the mount swapped to a v and I dont think thats really to much to ask for considering I have a valeo 17.

Any solutions are welcome
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 05:01:59 pm by klane »

buzzski

• Scottish wedding  photography on film and digital
Leaf mount swap
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 05:14:06 pm »

I'd be really interested too. I have a V mount and when finances allow I'd like to sell off my V kit and move over to the H system. I did check with leaf and they wanted to put me down the road of trading my back in and getting a new one...

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
Leaf mount swap
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 05:26:11 pm »

Maybe they will let us swap our mounts (witch each other) at a small fee?

Yair   ?

psorantin

Leaf mount swap
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 05:36:17 pm »

Maybe they will let us swap our mounts (witch each other) at a small fee?
Yair   ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219023\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have an Aptus-17 V-mount and was considering moving up to 22mp or higher.

Contacted Fotocare where I had purchased the Aptus-17 asking about any upgrade options.

They did not even bother to answer (maybe since I have such a low-tech cheapo product in first place...)

I am curious whether you hear anything regarding your case.

Peter
Peter Sorantin
New Jersey

j.miller

Leaf mount swap
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 05:53:45 pm »

Kyle,
     The only option is to have it done by Leaf America. Just so you are clear, they do not remove the mount of your back, and replace it with another. Leaf actually replaces the entire back with another one of similar, or less shot actuations (new serial number). Once you complete the paperwork with Leaf America, they will begin the process of getting the replacement back, while you still hold onto yours. This prevents any adverse affects while waiting for the "mount swap".

The cost will be the same going through a dealer, as going direct to Leaf. There is no incentive for a dealer to try and capitalize on this service, as it is a standard service procedure offered by Leaf.

Here is contact info for Leaf America's service manager:

Leaf America
8 Westchester Plaza
Elmsford, NY 10523
Email: patb@LeafAmerica.com
Tel: (914) 347-1598
Fax: (914) 345-1812

Regards,

Jordan Miller

Do I have any other options other than sending my back to leaf to get the mount changed for around $2k?

My back is an h mount and I originally purchased it to be used on a large format camera, which is its primary function.  However id really like to be able to use it on a 500 series hassy for location people shots.

Are any dealers running a promotion on mount swaps or anything of the sort?

I know there is the option for the mamiya rz67 adapter which I was originally goign to purchase but for location and hand holding the v series hassies are far better.

Id gladly pay the same price as the adapter kit for the rz67 kit, to get the mount swapped to a v and I dont think thats really to much to ask for considering I have a valeo 17.

Any solutions are welcome
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219016\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:02:11 am by JEM_DTG »
Pages: [1]   Go Up