Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem Profiling Photo Rag Bright White  (Read 2111 times)

Photolandscape

Problem Profiling Photo Rag Bright White
« on: August 31, 2008, 02:07:23 pm »

I was able to borrow my employer's GretagMacBeth Eye-One Pro for the long weekend. I want to create my own profiles for 4-5 papers I use frequently.

Here's the problem: I am trying to print the Test Chart prior to do my calibrations--file "TC9.18RGB i1 Ref. txt". When I go into Eye-One Match software to the print window, I select my Epson 3800, go to print settings, media type. The two choices recommended for the media type for Photo Rag Bright White by Hahnemuhle are "Velvet Fine Art Paper" or, "Watercolor Paper, Radiant White".

While I can select Enhanced Matte or Archival Matte, the options for Velvet Fine Art" and "Watercolor Paper" are grayed out and can't be selected.

Anyone got a solution for this? I am running a Mac G5, OS 10.4.11, printing to an Epson 3800. I have Adobe CS3.

Would love to resolve this and see if I can make myself some great profiles before Tuesday a.m. when I have to return the Eye-One Pro.

Thanks.

colinm

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 04:05:59 pm »

Are you using the rear manual feeder or the automatic sheet feeder?

Epson only supports VFA and WCBW through the rear feed. If you're already using the rear feed, you might try deleting and re-adding the printer... otherwise switch to the rear feed and you should be good.
Colin

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 10:34:37 am »

You need to manually select the Rear Feed option in the printer driver to access the VFA, USFA, and WPRW media type options.
Eric Chan

Photolandscape

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 09:23:08 pm »

Thanks, got it resolved with your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up