Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing metadata LR2 <--> Bridge  (Read 1427 times)

evonzz

• CENTRAL STUDIOS
Syncing metadata LR2 <--> Bridge
« on: August 29, 2008, 11:47:40 pm »

Having just upgraded to new macpro wham bam machine, i finally have enough juice to run Lightroom, and i hope to introduce it is the key part of my workflow.

As i am still getting used to LR, i have also been editing and rating images through Bridge.  So yesterday i realised i should be doing all this editing and selecting in LR and wanted to sync my ratings from Bridge into LR for images that had already been imported.  

I found the Library>Sync Folder and ticked all boxes and then hit Synchronize.   The images are then updated but the star ratings are not assigned to the thumb.  Images that have had rating/metadata changes then have an up arrow in the top right corner, which i have to click again and then get another dialog box about "How should Lightroom synchronize this data?"

I click import from disk and my ratings appear.  How can i get this step to do it automatically?  

Furthermore i need to go through every folder and wait for thumbs to build before this arrow appears.  I am thinking it is quicker and easier to just re-import the folders.

Is there a way to automate this process?

Also, will metadata edits in LR be readable in Bridge if i choose to sync back in other direction?

Thanks

RE
Pages: [1]   Go Up