Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dark prints with shared printer  (Read 2194 times)

mats

dark prints with shared printer
« on: August 29, 2008, 07:35:20 am »

I have posted this on the user to user adobe lightroom forum and sent a question to adobe support but thought I might try to get some help here as well!

I am having problems getting Lightroom 2 to print correctly when printing to a shared Epson 4000.
When printing to the 4000 as a local printer everything works as it should. But when I try to print to the same printer, with the same settings as a shared printer in a small network the prints turn out too dark and with colour casts.

Using epson profiles and pointing lightroom to the correct profile. Setting printer driver correctly (when i print the from photoshop CS2 it prints correctly, even when using a shared printer).
Epson 4000 using the latest 3.09 driver. OSX 10.4.10 on imac G5.

Any help appriciated, strange that everything works great on a local printer but not on the same printer when shared over the network (printersharing in OSX)

Am certain I have profile selection and printer driver settings correct ( after all it works from photoshop and locally).
Can add that it prints ok when colour management is set to "managed by printer"
But I really want (and need) to use custom profiles!
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mats

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 08:33:39 am »

Sounds like the driver is getting confused and still using color management in the shared care, even when CM is deliberately turned off in the driver.

Random test: what happens in the shared case if you __intentionally__ leave color management turned on in the driver, but use the exact same profile and settings as you would in LR/PS?
Eric Chan

mats

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 09:49:58 am »

Just did a fast test, leaving colour management on but using custom profile and settings.
With colour controls activated I still get a dark print with colour cast (but slightly better?)
With colorsync choosen I get what looks like the same print that I have been getting from photoshop! Have only tried one paper/profile but will try some others and see what happens.
If this continues to work, can someone explain what is happening.
We are using these computers in a school and it feels strange to tell the students that they have to configure their print settings the "wrong" way.
Thanks for the tip

Mats
Pages: [1]   Go Up