Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: New Sinar Hy6 - 65 Camera System (31 MPx)  (Read 228968 times)

Dean s24

• http://
New Sinar Hy6 - 65 Camera System (31 MPx)
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2008, 10:49:22 am »

Dear hcubell,

No, it doesn't include it, as I have already said this a few months ago. It is a warranty which covers malfunction and defective parts.

BUT:

- it does include servicing and repair for 3 years after purchase.

- usually we (our distributors) are flexible enough to provide the customer with a loaner within 24 hours. This has to be discussed with the distributor. There is always a solution and I guess some here can intervene to support my claim.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218902\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

We have been the Distributors for Sinar in South Africa for a number of years and I cant say we have ever had a problem sending a backup within 24hrs. Granted we are a small area to deal with but we have stock and our clients are willing to settle for what we have to give them. On another note, we have never had to send a digital back, back to Sinar due to malfunction on Sinars behalf. It has always only been the clients that have either slammed the fire wire in between a door or dropped a camera etc...

As far as the communication between Distributors and Sinar are concerned, This is pretty good. We often have queries that we may not be able to answer but within an hour of emailing Sinar we will always get a reply, and majority of the time sort the problem that day.

I hope this helps... Regards
Dean
[span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%']Dean Elliott[/span]
[span style='color:orange']dean@s24.co.za[/span]
[span style='color:orange']www.s24.co.za[/span]

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2008, 10:53:48 am »

Hi Dean,

Welcome on LL. Nice to have your backup: I felt a bit alone!

You must be kidding, when you say you have a small country (all is relative): how far is it from J'burg to Cape, or Cape to Durban???

Kind regards down there, also to Craig and the team.
Thierry

Granted we are a small area to deal with ...
Dean
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218926\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 10:54:28 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Dean s24

• http://
« Reply #162 on: September 02, 2008, 11:06:51 am »

Hi Dean,

Welcome on LL. Nice to have your backup: I felt a bit alone!

You must be kidding, when you say you have a small country (all is relative): how far is it from J'burg to Cape, or Cape to Durban???

Kind regards down there, also to Craig and the team.
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218927\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It works in a triangle shape, with Cape Town being the most southern point of Africa and two hours (by plane or 1800Kms or 1118 miles) from Durban which is up the coast line. Johannesburg is inland from both Cape Town and Durban, this is about 1 hour form Durban (By plane and +-600kms or 370miles) and 1 and half hours from Cape Town.

I hope you guys out there can visualize this. If not look it up because it really is a beautiful Country, ask Thierry, he'll tell you.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:30:49 am by Dean s24 »
[span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%']Dean Elliott[/span]
[span style='color:orange']dean@s24.co.za[/span]
[span style='color:orange']www.s24.co.za[/span]

laughingbear

« Reply #163 on: September 02, 2008, 01:32:57 pm »

Thierry,

Looks like all Hell broke loose in Bangkok.

Eventually consider leaving, the irish foreign ministery advises people not to go there. Situation looks like out of control from here.

Stay safe!!

Best,
Georg
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 01:34:09 pm by laughingbear »

thsinar

« Reply #164 on: September 02, 2008, 06:48:02 pm »

hi Georg,

The situation always looks critical from outside and the images shown in medias: one has the impression that the whole country and each place in Bangkok is under threat.

This is obviously not the case, although the situation is serious: unrest, demonstrations and political activities are concentrated around the usual places like government and media buildings in the downtown area of Bangkok. All the rest is business as usual.

Staying away from those places is the right thing to do.

My concern is rather for the future of this country and the democratic process which seems impossible to go his way normally: all signs and behaviours in the entire society point to an non-readiness for democracy, and that's harming the country.

But then, I am a "farang", not allowed to judge, although leaving and dealing daily with it.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,

Looks like all Hell broke loose in Bangkok.

Eventually consider leaving, the irish foreign ministery advises people not to go there. Situation looks like out of control from here.

Stay safe!!

Best,
Georg
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218965\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

laughingbear

« Reply #165 on: September 02, 2008, 08:16:06 pm »

Really glad to hear you folks are safe!!

Hmmm, "farang" sounds like an ancient string instrument, or something to eat <grins>

However, as for the QCIP introduction, does this refer to a quadcore like I know from computers?

Tell me, is it a ridiculous thought to ponder why there is no MFDB system at all that has some sort of weather proofing, say splash water etc.? I wonder whether this is so expensive and tricky from a manufacturers point of view. Rubber seals for the body and lenses, sure requires some re design I would guess, but I would not think this is rocket science.

Just a thought.

thsinar

« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2008, 06:21:07 am »

Dear Georg,

Hmmm, "farang" sounds like an ancient string instrument, or something to eat <grins>
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219046\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
"Farang" = foreigner name in Thailand

However, as for the QCIP introduction, does this refer to a quadcore like I know from computers?
Yes, that's correct.

Tell me, is it a ridiculous thought to ponder why there is no MFDB system at all that has some sort of weather proofing, say splash water etc.? I wonder whether this is so expensive and tricky from a manufacturers point of view. Rubber seals for the body and lenses, sure requires some re design I would guess, but I would not think this is rocket science.

Just a thought.
I guess you are right, certainly not a "rocket science"

Best regards,
Thierry
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2008, 07:10:18 am »

Hi Natasa,

Have PMed you.

Best regards,
Thierry

or as I said before PM if it's easier!!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218911\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
« Reply #168 on: September 03, 2008, 10:54:34 am »

Dear hcubell,

... There is always a solution and I guess some here can intervene to support my claim.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218902\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There are warranties and there are warranties. A few weeks ago, I brought a luxury brand watch in for service under warranty, and they said, yes, the parts and labor are covered, but it will be three months to do the repair.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218919\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hcubell,

As you point out, Sinar doesn't offer a "guaranteed" 24-hour swap, which may be what you're looking for.

But I can support Thierry's claim, as I have had an opportunity to "experience" Sinar service, as a slight wiggle developed in my Hy6's revolving handle.  After inquiring if this was normal (the reply was that there should be "absolutely no play whatsoever") I was surprised to have been overnight shipped a service loaner replacement Hy6 camera so that Sinar could take my camera and correct the wiggle.

Another service issue around the Hy6 hand strap cropped up during my recent trip to Iceland.  Again, the camera remained functional, but as soon as I arrived back in Seattle, Sinar again cross-shipped replacement product overnight.  Again, my setup was still completely operational, but Sinar impressed me with their willingness to set everything straight.

Sinar has shown me that they are very serious about standing behind their product, even when my camera gear was operational, they have done everything possible to look after me, right away.  They have more than impressed me with their support.

Hope that helps.  Best regards,
Brad
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 10:56:50 am by bradleygibson »
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com

PdF

« Reply #169 on: September 03, 2008, 03:45:51 pm »

The distributor of Sinar in my little country (Belgium) is Hotz, the best distributor of the land. The service is really effective and professionnal.

They also import Broncolor, Foba and Manfrotto. What could I find somewhere else ?

PdF
PdF

SeanBK

« Reply #170 on: September 03, 2008, 05:58:02 pm »

WOW, Thierry your brand new ad on the page#7 of the new Pdn magazine is real nice @ the new Sinar arTec with help of Rainer V, a real nice coup for both of you.  

thsinar

« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2008, 08:24:12 pm »

hi Sean,

I don't have seen the PDn magazine: link/sample, by any chance?

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

WOW, Thierry your brand new ad on the page#7 of the new Pdn magazine is real nice @ the new Sinar arTec with help of Rainer V, a real nice coup for both of you. 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219283\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

SeanBK

« Reply #172 on: September 03, 2008, 09:30:24 pm »

hi Sean,

I don't have seen the PDn magazine: link/sample, by any chance?

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219308\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am sorry, but Pdnonline.com have not posted their print magazine yet, as I received the issue only today. Idid the search but could not find the ad, but bylines are the same as in your press release. Either way it looks real good. I guess there will be a lotsa people applauding around your booth @ 'kina.

teddillard

• http://www.teddillard.com
« Reply #173 on: September 07, 2008, 06:58:26 am »

Exactly, thanks Graham!

I hope not having started again a heated debate about "sensor size" and with those relating it to the size of the sensor.

We are speaking here about the sensor technology used, as named by Kodak.

To make it clear, this sensor has the same size as any other 31,6 MPx sensor used in digital backs: 44x33 mm.

Best regards,
Thierry
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for this product info!
FWIW, all Kodak CCD info can be found on this matrix:
[a href=\"http://www.kodak.com/global/en/business/ISS/Products/Fullframe/index.jhtml?pq-path=12138]http://www.kodak.com/global/en/business/IS...l?pq-path=12138[/url]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 07:03:23 am by teddillard »
Ted Dillard

thsinar

« Reply #174 on: September 08, 2008, 11:12:44 am »

Download of the newly available "Sinar Hy6 - 65", "Sinar Hy6 - s65r" & Sinarback eSprit 65 brochure here:

http://www.sinarcameras.com/site/index__ga...s-rand-185.html

---> "Brochures" ---> "Sinar Hy6 -65"

Best regards,
Thierry
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:13:51 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #175 on: September 08, 2008, 12:56:14 pm »

is the iso base setting really 200? or is that a typo?

FrançoisTT

« Reply #176 on: September 08, 2008, 03:16:01 pm »

yes, it seems to be ≥ 200 iso.

I don't know if there is a real difference between the 200iso of this S65 and the 100iso of the Hasselblad H3DII 31mp, or the 50iso of the Leaf AFI6 (28mp)...or the 25iso of the Sinar HY6 e54 (even if this one is not a 31mp but a 22mp) ? Perhaps a 200iso in 2008 equal the image characteristic of a 25iso five years ago ?...

kingsize

« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2008, 05:45:58 pm »

We have been the Distributors for Sinar in South Africa for a number of years and I cant say we have ever had a problem sending a backup within 24hrs. Granted we are a small area to deal with but we have stock and our clients are willing to settle for what we have to give them. On another note, we have never had to send a digital back, back to Sinar due to malfunction on Sinars behalf. It has always only been the clients that have either slammed the fire wire in between a door or dropped a camera etc...

As far as the communication between Distributors and Sinar are concerned, This is pretty good. We often have queries that we may not be able to answer but within an hour of emailing Sinar we will always get a reply, and majority of the time sort the problem that day.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218926\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

We are the Sinar Distributors in New Zealand, and I can back up what Dean has said here. We receive technical advice within same day or next day direct from Sinar Tech, and further more, we recently ordered a small part on Friday, and it arrived on Monday. Considering that Switzerland is on the opposite side of the earth to New Zealand, that's not bad at all !!

Adam Custins
www.kingsize.co.nz

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #178 on: September 08, 2008, 06:01:28 pm »

If 200 ISO is the base sensitivity, hopefully it will go up to a clean 1600 ISO eventually, even though the specs currently say 800.

Ben

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2008, 06:44:34 pm »

Hmmm... is a base ISO of 200 going to work with the nice fast Schneider glass like the 110/2 or 80/2 or 180/2.8 all of which have max shutter speeds of 1/500.  Everything's a trade off I guess.
Rolleiflex USA
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up