Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 and Latest Qimage: a problem  (Read 1800 times)

walter.sk

Z3100 and Latest Qimage: a problem
« on: August 28, 2008, 07:25:07 pm »

I've been using Qimage for years, and with my Z3100 24" since November, '07.  I loved the fact that I could set the printer for a custom paper size of 17"x24", set at Clip Contents By Margins, and Remove Top/Bottom White Space.

When using these settings in the printer driver, Qimage Professional, up through v2008.200, the page size at the top right was always what I had entered in the driver, in this case, 17"x24".  I used this to print 11x17's with white borders around the print content, and a 1 pixel black stroke to delineate the boundaries of the prints.  Then, they sere printed with Optimal spacing at Original Size in Qimage, 2 to a page.  One would be printed right at the left edge of the paper, with the second image right next to it.  The black edges of the 11x17's coincided with the top and bottom of the page.  I would only have to make 2 cuts:  one to separate the two prints, and one to trim the inner print, which would have a 2" white strip to remove.

This meant that my cuts were limited  and easy.  After upgrading to Qimage v2009.102, no matter what I do I can't get the printer driver's settings to come into Qimage as 17x24.  They reflect the printer's insistence on margins, so the page is now about 16.6x 23.6.  I tried compensating by making the page in the printer driver 24x 18, but now there is a border around the 2-up 11x17's, and I have to make 3 more cuts.

Also, the printer driver no longer wants to remember that I set  Clip Contents By Margins, and Remove Top/Bottom White Space.

Has anybody else experienced changes in the way Qimage interacts with the HP printer driver?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 07:25:32 pm by walter.sk »

walter.sk

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 10:12:38 am »

Problem Solved!

An email to tech support at DDI Software informed me that all QImage does is report what the printer driver says, and to try going into Qimage Help and reset the printer driver to its defaults.  

I did it, and then reentered my custom page as 24x17, and to clip the page to the contents, as well as to remove any white space above and below the print.  Success!  The printer page size now was 24x17 in Qimage, and I was able to place 11x17's 2-up on the page and print.  Whew!

photogoalie

• http://
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 11:40:17 am »

Problem Solved!

An email to tech support at DDI Software informed me that all QImage does is report what the printer driver says, and to try going into Qimage Help and reset the printer driver to its defaults. 

I did it, and then reentered my custom page as 24x17, and to clip the page to the contents, as well as to remove any white space above and below the print.  Success!  The printer page size now was 24x17 in Qimage, and I was able to place 11x17's 2-up on the page and print.  Whew!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218082\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Walter,

I had put my Qimage upgrade on hold since I learned about your problem with the Z3100.

Thanks for the update. Now I can go on with it.

Happy printing.

Carl
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 11:40:52 am by photogoalie »
Pages: [1]   Go Up