Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profoto Pro B charger replacement  (Read 3558 times)

jing q

• we are super
Profoto Pro B charger replacement
« on: August 28, 2008, 03:39:23 pm »

I was looking for extra chargers and found it ludicrous that profoto would charge close to 200 bucks for this...Charger 2A.
I was wondering if anyone's used any 3rd party multi voltage charger?(or switching power supply as it's called...)
Since the charging plug looks quite standard. I see some which are 2.5amps and I recently saw a 5.8amps one at 12V, was wondering if it was safe to use (considering ultimately the battery is just a car battery right?)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:51:05 pm by jing q »

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
Profoto Pro B charger replacement
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 04:15:09 pm »

I was looking for extra chargers and found it ludicrous that profoto would charge close to 200 bucks for this...Charger 2A.
I was wondering if anyone's used any 3rd party multi voltage charger?(or switching power supply as it's called...)
Since the charging plug looks quite standard. I see some which are 2.5amps and I recently saw a 5.8amps one at 12V, was wondering if it was safe to use (considering ultimately the battery is just a car battery right?)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217906\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yeah, isnt the profoto chargers the biggest rip off!  i notice that the hasselblad grip charger, the phaseone battery are the same looking form- it looks as if one charger company makes all these chargers. i wonder if you can find that company?  the profoto 7b is just a standard lead battery, like you buy from your corner electronics store (at 1/5th the price). i think you could use one of those chargers, you just need to find the right plug.

paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau
Pages: [1]   Go Up