Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P.E.I. - Syracuse N..  (Read 3228 times)

cottagehunter

P.E.I. - Syracuse N..
« on: August 26, 2008, 06:42:33 pm »

On September 12 we will be traveling from P.E.I to Syracuse N.Y. traveling thru Maine, New Hampshire and upstate N.Y. Suggestions would be appreciated was planning in going thru Bangor and on to Keene N.H.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 06:43:14 pm by cottagehunter »

ruraltrekker

P.E.I. - Syracuse N..
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 08:47:31 pm »

On September 12 we will be traveling from P.E.I to Syracuse N.Y. [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217419\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Took me a minute: P.E.I = Prince Edward Island. I only figured it out after asking myself "What the hell could be PEI in that area of the world".

How long you traveling? There is so much you could shoot that your head will pop.

Ken

cottagehunter

P.E.I. - Syracuse N..
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 06:41:36 pm »

Took me a minute: P.E.I = Prince Edward Island. I only figured it out after asking myself "What the hell could be PEI in that area of the world".

How long you traveling? There is so much you could shoot that your head will pop.

Ken
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217450\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Seeing as we will be on a return trip from Toronto to P.E.I. thru Montreal, Quebec City, Montmingny Rivere Du Loup then on to St. John, Fredrecton, Moncton before reaching our destination where we will stay for one week before our return trip thru the U.S. probably no more than 3 days for this part of the trip as the wife must shop in Syracuse.

framah

P.E.I. - Syracuse N..
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 10:13:29 am »

Sounds as tho a little meandering is in order here!! What you need to do is once you get to Bangor take Rt 95 south to Newport and get off and pick up Rt 2 west. It wanders thru  Maine and on into New Hampshire where you will be heading over to Mt. Washington and the road to the top!  It's going to be a bit early for fall colors but it's still quite beautiful in the White Mtns.

I would then continue west on Rt. 2 into Vermont and finally over to Burlington and then south till you find a place to crossover to NY. From there wander thru the Adirondacks till you get to Syracuse.

Normally, I suggest people head down the coast of Maine but seeing as how you already live in an area as beautiful as our coast,  sending  you thru the inland area will be quite different for you.  

Last year, I headed over to Cape Breton and upon getting there, realized that as beautiful as it is, I could have saved alot of time and gas by just driving around Acadia Nat Park which is 20 miles from me!!

Enjoy!!
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Geoff Wittig

P.E.I. - Syracuse N..
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 08:17:54 pm »

Seeing as we will be on a return trip from Toronto to P.E.I. thru Montreal, Quebec City, Montmingny Rivere Du Loup then on to St. John, Fredrecton, Moncton before reaching our destination where we will stay for one week before our return trip thru the U.S. probably no more than 3 days for this part of the trip as the wife must shop in Syracuse.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217668\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

While the wife is shopping in Syracuse, you may consider going to Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge, which is about 25 miles west. It has a gravel road that runs on the dike around the main pool, which is conveniently to your west as you drive along. This makes for perfect light at sunrise, catchlight in the eyes of the thousands of ducks & geese etc. Of course, you really do need to get there at sunrise; show up at high noon, and you'll wonder where all the birds went.

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
P.E.I. - Syracuse N..
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 12:21:20 pm »

Both Lake Placid and Lake George are great areas in New York to visit before traveling west to Syracuse.
Gerald J Skrocki
Pages: [1]   Go Up