Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Green tint on ZD  (Read 2682 times)

Justinr

• Ink+images
Green tint on ZD
« on: August 26, 2008, 05:25:45 pm »

Switching from landscape to portrait mode in the menu seems to have stopped it happening. Perhaps this picking up of the dominant colour and reinforcing it is a feature of that particular function. Just an idea.

Still hopeless noise wise at iso 400 and now experiencing problems with it writing to the card. Don't know whether it's camera or card problem though. The thumbnails were there but the PC wouldn't see them although the MAC did and listed the files and file size. Neither would download the images and the SanDisk rescue programme denied they even existed!

Justin.

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
Green tint on ZD
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 05:39:20 pm »

Switching from landscape to portrait mode in the menu seems to have stopped it happening.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217402\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you refer to JPG out of camera or raw files?

Thanks,

Justinr

• Ink+images
Green tint on ZD
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 03:16:13 am »

If intended for newspapers or websites I use the largest jpeg setting but for other work I go RAW. The latest batch of photos were jpeg.

Justin.

MichaelEzra

Green tint on ZD
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 09:45:45 am »

But the green tint you are referring to - does it occur in RAW or JPGs only?

If in RAW, do RAW images no longer have the green tint when switching from landscape to portrait mode in the menu?

Justinr

• Ink+images
Green tint on ZD
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 01:28:15 pm »

But the green tint you are referring to - does it occur in RAW or JPGs only?

If in RAW, do RAW images no longer have the green tint when switching from landscape to portrait mode in the menu?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217554\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I must admit that I have looked that deeply into it but I think I see what you are driving at. It will need some time and the right conditions to explore further but at the moment the card  read/write problems are more pressing although I might be some way to sorting that out.

BTW, does anybody else keep accidentally knocking the shutter speed dial without noticing it? I was getting some good shots today only to realise that I was shooting at 1/60th and not 250th as I had originally set it. 'Good' shots now binned and not for the first time either.

Justin.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 01:30:58 pm by Justinr »

Justinr

• Ink+images
Green tint on ZD
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 01:29:01 pm »

Duplicate post
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 01:30:20 pm by Justinr »

MichaelEzra

Green tint on ZD
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 02:36:56 pm »

there is a "lock" button on the top left of the camera that will let you lock shutter and/or aperture.

regarding the tint, even without doing further test - woudl you remember if you saw it in JPG or RAW?

P.S. I never had card problems with ZD camera. I am using Sandisk extreme III and IV cards.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 02:37:32 pm by MichaelEzra »

Justinr

• Ink+images
Green tint on ZD
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 03:33:45 pm »

there is a "lock" button on the top left of the camera that will let you lock shutter and/or aperture.

regarding the tint, even without doing further test - woudl you remember if you saw it in JPG or RAW?

P.S. I never had card problems with ZD camera. I am using Sandisk extreme III and IV cards.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217610\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I too use Sandisk and this is the first time I've had a problem. But I think that the card reader may be playing up on the PC although that doesn't explain all the hassle I've had. Simply reformatting the card concerned may well have cleared the trouble.

Let me mull over the green tint, I'll look back through the images taken before commenting further.

Justin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up