Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Magical light  (Read 11316 times)

Justinr

• Ink+images
Magical light
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 05:24:21 pm »

My last post here no more to follow

I can honestly say that I have never been in such a depressing place as this, full of so many well educated    boring people, more interested in grammar than the art, the C&C received has been in parts not only rude but nonsensical, the post above is typical of this, from where I am its quite obvious that 3/4 of you would not recognize a good picture from a bad one, you have no inner vision or feel for artistic representation. bye from me and pity on the next new member.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218168\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So up stumps and run away.

If it's any consolation many photographers hate my stuff too, but I don't give a damn. My style is documentary rather than artistic, what skill I have goes into capturing a moment not farting about in PS. My customers like what I do and that's all that matters. Each to his own but as a lad born and brought up in the country this particular image does nothing for me. I'm sorry, but there it is.

We've all had our work trashed at some point, live with it and learn. It's the best way forward.

Justin.

edit. Just looked at your galleries and was impressed. just don't like this one at all.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 06:34:09 pm by Justinr »

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
Magical light
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2008, 07:43:05 am »

My last post here no more to follow

I can honestly say that I have never been in such a depressing place as this, full of so many well educated    boring people, more interested in grammar than the art, the C&C received has been in parts not only rude but nonsensical, the post above is typical of this, from where I am its quite obvious that 3/4 of you would not recognize a good picture from a bad one, you have no inner vision or feel for artistic representation. bye from me and pity on the next new member.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218168\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I don't really see that you have any cause to react like this. You have posted several shots. Some of us have liked them, others haven't. That's the way of things. If what you want is uncritical adulation to provide a boost to your ego, you'll have to go elsewhere. To suggest that someone who doesn't share your "inner vision or feel for artistic representation" can't tell a good picture from a bad one is arrogant and implies that your motive in posting your images here was merely to educate us all.

As to the point on your grammar, I hope I made it clear first, that my objection to it was secondary to my liking for your work and second, that I was, perhaps ineptly, trying to be constructive. You wouldn't expect to go to gallery and see the prints stuck on the wall with Sellotape: your site is, as ever IMHO, the equivalent.

So toddle off home if that's what you want to do, but it seems an extraordinarily childish and thin-skinned reaction.

Jeremy

michael

Magical light
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 07:43:36 am »

Seemed like an eminently reasonable conversation to me.

Martin seems to have thin skin. Too bad – some nice work.

Michael

Rob C

Magical light
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 01:01:08 pm »

. If what you want is uncritical adulation to provide a boost to your ego, you'll have to go elsewhere. To suggest that someone who doesn't share your "inner vision or feel for artistic representation" can't tell a good picture from a bad one is arrogant and implies that your motive in posting your images here was merely to educate us all.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218235\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Or, he could go MF digital and all will be well. The investment makes everybody very careful, happy and positive, as you might have noticed.

For once, I use one of those symbols that I hate:  ;-)

Rob C

Justinr

• Ink+images
Magical light
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 04:10:59 pm »

Yo Rob me old mucker, how's it hanging?

Yep, you should try it as well. dMF is streets ahead, knocks DSLR into a cocked hat image quality wise (wasted on the newspapers though), but not as suited to some jobs such as events where reliability is the key. I know I know, I ain't posh but there is no 'upmarket' around here so we struggle on producing fancy snaps whilst dodging the jibes and sneers of others who haven't a clue as to quite what the situation is. Even our old mutual friend is still at it, muttering on elsewhere in his usual inconsistent way. But if there is one thing that I have leant the hard way from one or two of the grizzly old pro's that hang around the fora it is never, ever give a toss about their opinion, especially if they can't come out with it up front.

Justin.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up