Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steve Hendrix moves to Phase One  (Read 5177 times)

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
Steve Hendrix moves to Phase One
« on: August 26, 2008, 11:39:25 am »

Thought I would share this news here as well.

Morning everyone Jack and I received news this morning that our friend Steve Hendrix has moved over to the Phase One camp. I emailed Steve to see if this was okay to announce and he was thrilled at his new position. My hope is that PPR can fill his shoes. Which as we all know is a tall order. So we would love to congratulate Steve on his new position and wish him the best of luck.

Steve Hendrix Announcement

It is with a heavy heart that I am announcing my resignation from PPR effective Tuesday, August 29, 2008.

After 5 successful years at PPR selling medium format digital solutions from Leaf, Sinar, and Hasselblad, I am beginning a new endeavor with Phase One. PPR has been a great place of development and achievement for me, and I owe a sincere thank you to (PPR Founder and Owner) Jim Marks, (PPR Managers) David Chapman, David Fields and the rest of the staff for providing an environment where sales of these systems could flourish. We leave under the best of terms and wish only success for all involved.

For the past 5 years, its been a pleasure interacting with you, corresponding with you, and - for many receiving this email - doing business with you.

My new position with Phase One will be as Area Manager covering Texas to North Carolina. I will initially manage 4 dealers in that area, all of whom can provide Phase One sales and service throughout the USA. I will continue to be based in Atlanta, but will travel throughout the region. If I can be of any service, do not hesitate to contact me via the contact information below.

PPR will be filling my position shortly. In the meantime (starting August 27, 2008), any ongoing concerns or sales/support issues will be handled by David Chapman. PPR is located at 667 11th Street NW, Atlanta, GA. The main number is 404-885-1885.

PPR Website

Thank you,
Steve Hendrix

404-543-8475
shendrix59@gmail.com
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 12:10:07 pm by Guy Mancuso »
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 12:52:29 pm »

Smart move of Phase to scoop up one of the most helpful persons in the MFDB world.

Congratulations Steve!

TMARK

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 03:09:20 pm »

Wow, so now Phase has Steve in addition to Lance and Chris Lowery?  At least Sinar still has Thierry!

So is Steve managing CI?

Natasa Stojsic

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 03:33:28 pm »

Way to go Steve..... our investment in Phase becomes even more secure, more reliable... more beauty sleep  

Like they say.... All roads lead to ROME/PHASE  

Now imagine having Thierry and Yair in every major City  

Is SINAR Blind.... and what about LEAF?  

Who cares what DB do you prefer as long as you have these guys to back you up and offer their genuine help!!!

Number of you may remember (Guy especially before his decision to buy Phase) talking about our priorities when deciding on DB.... etc. my number ONE reason was and will always be CONVENIENCE!!!

Now with Steve on board.... how convenient is that....  

CONGRATULATIONS
[span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 04:28:07 pm »

Wow, so now Phase has Steve in addition to Lance and Chris Lowery?  At least Sinar still has Thierry!

So is Steve managing CI?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217369\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Steve works for Phase One . CI is a dealer of Phase products

I think how this works is Steve is the actually Phase Rep to CI. So Chris and Lance would be ordering product from Steve. You and I would still buy from the folks at Capture Integration.

Chris , Lance or Steve correct me if i am off the mark.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 04:31:42 pm by Guy Mancuso »
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

lance_schad

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 05:06:04 pm »

Steve works for Phase One . CI is a dealer of Phase products

I think how this works is Steve is the actually Phase Rep to CI. So Chris and Lance would be ordering product from Steve. You and I would still buy from the folks at Capture Integration.

Chris , Lance or Steve correct me if i am off the mark.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217386\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes Steve is taking over the Area Sales Manager position in which he will assist us dealers in supporting you the end-users.
He has taken a position similar to the one I held back in 2006/2007 with Phase One prior to coming back to working directly with the end-users at Capture Integration.

I myself am quite happy with this , not that Phase One was lacking in representation but at the fact that Phase One realized that having someone with Steve's background can only make their offerings of knowledge and support stronger.

With his knowledge of the industry and being fresh  from working in the channel he knows what us resellers and end-users desire from the factory and can only help get our feedback to them.

I am looking forward to finally being on the same team as Steve after many years of always being friendly competitors.

Best of luck Steve and welcome!

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
Capture Integration
lance@captureintegration.com
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS

gwhitf

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 05:19:03 pm »

Yes Steve is taking over the Area Sales Manager position in which he will assist us dealers in supporting you the end-users.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217393\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So what you're saying is, we now have a situation where Gallagher can legally bitch at Steve Hendrix....?

Lesson learned -- never get too competitive with someone, because someday, they might end up on your own team.

Good luck, Steve! Now that you might have an ear at Phase, how about a little bug in their ear about the quality (and size) of the LCD?

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 07:45:06 pm »

Good luck, Steve! Now that you might have an ear at Phase, how about a little bug in their ear about the quality (and size) of the LCD?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217399\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have no idea what you're talking about......  

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

gwhitf

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 08:18:08 pm »

I have no idea what you're talking about......  
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217431\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

"First day on the job, and you're already toeing the Company Line! That is a commendable trait, young man. Here is a raise.

But don't stop there -- if you're going to fully adopt the company posture, then lose all your sense of humor; stop communicating with your customers; promise something and then be late with it; and there'll be another raise in store for you!

Now -- where's that Secret Danish Handshake? Go get 'em, Son."

jimgolden

• http://
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 08:58:13 pm »

this guy straight kills it - MAJOR bonus to the Phase community...

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 10:11:55 pm »

this guy straight kills it - MAJOR bonus to the Phase community...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217454\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No joke, might be the downfall of leaf and sinar(backs) for north america.

The medium format world could use some shaking up, this should do it ( in a positive manner)

bcooter

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 12:36:18 am »

No joke, might be the downfall of leaf and sinar(backs) for north america.
The medium format world could use some shaking up, this should do it ( in a positive manner)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217472\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

knowing Mr. Hendrix and having purchased from him, I am sure what he said positive about Leaf and Sinar he will continue to stand up for.  

I do not think this is the end of Sinar or Leaf in the southern part of the United States by any stretch of thought.

I do think that it is good for Phase One to have someone like Mr. Hendrix but I am sure that all the brands he represented will continue in the same ways as before.

if you use the Leaf for any equipment questions and service it is an easy thing to go direct to Leaf America and talk to Mr. Rick Adshead.

Leaf has the very good technical support and turns equipment around very quick.  Leaf is probably the best in America at this type of support.

the dealer Samy's in Los Angeles has Leaf, Phase, Hasselblad and Sinar all in one store to compare the differences.

Ms. Karen McHugh is the professional sales manager at Samy's and does a very good job with her clients.

all of the medium format backs and respective cameras are different and work for different types of photographers and photography.  changing a manufacturer representative will not change the actual equipment and the investment that goes behind it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:18:24 am by bcooter »
Pages: [1]   Go Up