Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 50D @ 15MP  (Read 115831 times)

BruceHouston

Canon 50D @ 15MP
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2008, 08:58:33 pm »

After we get the DPreview of the technical capabilities of the 50D, I was thinking about selling my 5D and getting the 50D. The problem is, if it produces images as good as the 5D in tonality and noise, who would buy a 5D?

On the upside, the body is only 1400.00US so that's good news.

I also wonder if it's weather sealing is the same as the 1D series cameras, or if it's a lesser sort?

Other than being a crop frame camera, if the sealing, shutter release time to failure, and image reproduction are as good as the 5D, plus you get 15MP--what a great camera for the price.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219371\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nobody will buy a (new) 5D very soon, because it is about to be discontinued in favor of its replacement.  Let us remember the aging within the product cycle when we make these comparisons.

JohnKoerner

Canon 50D @ 15MP
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2008, 10:30:49 pm »

Nobody will buy a (new) 5D very soon, because it is about to be discontinued in favor of its replacement.  Let us remember the aging within the product cycle when we make these comparisons.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221646\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm thinking about buying the old 5D---as soon as the new one comes out, the 50D comes out, and the 5D drops below 2Gs in price  

Regardless of all the "new innovations," the old 5D is a wonderful camera, and it will still take stellar shots, and very soon at about half the price  

Heh-heh ...

Jack

dwdallam

• http://www.dwdallam.com
Canon 50D @ 15MP
« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2008, 02:40:10 am »

I'm thinking about buying the old 5D---as soon as the new one comes out, the 50D comes out, and the 5D drops below 2Gs in price  

Regardless of all the "new innovations," the old 5D is a wonderful camera, and it will still take stellar shots, and very soon at about half the price  

Heh-heh ...

Jack
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221661\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Geeze I thought it was already down past 2K. It has held it's price well. And I agree with others. It is a very nice camera and its noise levels are low, especially considering when it came out. It was surely a slam dunk for Canon.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up