Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power  (Read 2981 times)

martin-images

Power
« on: August 25, 2008, 04:33:19 pm »

Hi all I am a new member here, must say there are some very interesting topics posted here especially on the more tech parts, I am mainly a BW worker, and tend to document my own area [landscape] which is Yorkshire [UK]. All my images are now digital, did the switch from film a few years ago, anyway here's a shot I took last weekend, although the train is not steam powered i liked the connection with the power station in the distance, hope you like it.

Martin
www.digital-monochrome.com

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 04:40:54 pm by martin-images »

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Power
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 06:43:46 pm »

Hi all I am a new member here, must say there are some very interesting topics posted here especially on the more tech parts, I am mainly a BW worker, and tend to document my own area [landscape] which is Yorkshire [UK]. All my images are now digital, did the switch from film a few years ago, anyway here's a shot I took last weekend, although the train is not steam powered i liked the connection with the power station in the distance, hope you like it.

Martin
www.digital-monochrome.com

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217186\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I like the concept and the shot, although I think it would look better if you could remove some of the softness in the foreground, to increase the contrast in appearance between the train and the power station.

Your site is interesting. It too has some appealing shots. However, the maximum viewing size of each image is, IMHO, far too small: I can't really get any decent impression of how the image looks. The site could also do with some careful attention to grammar, punctuation and spelling. It reads in some places (the multi raw editing page, for example) as if English is not your first language and gives a bad impression. I realise this is an unfashionable view (there has been at least one thread on this site about it), but I believe it to be true nevertheless.

Jeremy

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Power
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 07:04:56 pm »

I can see Jeremy's point about the contrast (above).  Still, overall I think it's well done.  Thanks for sharing and welcome to the list!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

sergio

• http://www.sergiobartelsman.com
Power
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 07:50:51 pm »

I like the image and can see your intention, but I feel it a little "overcooked" in PS.

martin-images

Power
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 02:43:28 pm »

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated

Martin
Pages: [1]   Go Up