Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 manual sheet feed issues  (Read 1848 times)

ryanmfritz

z3100 manual sheet feed issues
« on: August 25, 2008, 09:40:53 am »

Greetings,
To the seasoned z3100 users I need some help with sheet feeding my z3100. The issue is not the act of doing it successfully. The issue is, when I get any sheet loaded, my Mac HP software doesnt read there is a paper loaded. I guess my z3100 doesnt really recognize a sheet is loaded either. Also, for MAC users is there an HP number to call that will talk to a Mac user without being transferred 5 times and wasting an entire morning?

I look forward to hearing from anyone please!

R Fritz
www.officesigncompany.com

dkeyes

• http://
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 06:29:12 pm »

I'm assuming you tried all the options (restart). Does it just keep asking for paper after you've loaded a sheet in it? I'm not a tech person and don't know exactly what is happening based on your post.

The problem might in the printer, not the HP computer software/driver if the printer isn't recognizing ANY paper. The paper sensor could be damaged or have something blocking it. If your printer recognizes rolls than this isn't your problem.

There also is a paper size limit, the page has to be 8.5" wide. I don't go any smaller than 8.5 x 11.

Someone has posted here about an HP tech person to call if you don't get the support you need. I'll see if I can find that post.

Some users have created this wiki page which might help. http://z3100users.wikispaces.com/

Good luck,
Doug

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 06:39:29 pm »

If everything else is OK then I agree with Doug, the next thing that's suspect is the paper sensor.

Ben Wolf's (HP Product Manager) info is here.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up