Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1ds3 VF tilt fix  (Read 2124 times)

keith_cooper

• Northlight Images
1ds3 VF tilt fix
« on: August 23, 2008, 05:58:03 am »

I know quite a few people were interested in the 1Ds3 viewfinder tilt problem I noticed a while ago.

0.4 degrees proved to be a slight irritation, but actually encouraged me to try out liveview more than I would might have done otherwise :-)

Anyway, with a gap in work that might need the benefits of the 1Ds3 over my old 1Ds I took the camera to Canon UK service (Elstree) on Monday lunchtime. Late Tuesday I get a mail saying it's been fixed, and Thursday lunchtime the UPS man drops it off...

I'll take service like that any time :-)

The tilt has been removed, the camera cleaned ;-)  and for some reason it has a new DC-DC convertor. I'd not had any problems with the camera, so I wondered if anyone else had had this replaced? (all was done under warranty)

More info

bye for now -- Keith
[url=http://www.nor

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
1ds3 VF tilt fix
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 06:05:58 am »

I know quite a few people were interested in the 1Ds3 viewfinder tilt problem I noticed a while ago.

0.4 degrees proved to be a slight irritation, but actually encouraged me to try out liveview more than I would might have done otherwise :-)

Anyway, with a gap in work that might need the benefits of the 1Ds3 over my old 1Ds I took the camera to Canon UK service (Elstree) on Monday lunchtime. Late Tuesday I get a mail saying it's been fixed, and Thursday lunchtime the UPS man drops it off...

I'll take service like that any time :-)

The tilt has been removed, the camera cleaned ;-)  and for some reason it has a new DC-DC convertor. I'd not had any problems with the camera, so I wondered if anyone else had had this replaced? (all was done under warranty)

More info

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216796\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not heard of the DC-DC converter being replaced before - maybe they did a full test on the camera before sending it back and found it faulty?

Would be interested to know if you can find out why it was replaced as I have a 1DSMK3 and its good to know if there is an upgrade part for it.

Glad to hear the tilt has been rectified. Keep up the good work on Northlight.
Wild Nature Photo Travel
Pages: [1]   Go Up