Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating a folder?? help  (Read 1831 times)

sniper

Updating a folder?? help
« on: August 21, 2008, 07:27:47 am »

I'm hoping somebody can supply an answer to where I'm going wrong here.

I imported a folder of pics into lightroom 1.4 (on XP) no problems there, trouble was there were photos missing from the folder (the photographers fault) several hundred in fact. I exported the edited images only to be told later there were some missing. (and this is where the story really starts)  

I now had to open the original folder with the missing photos added, and this is where I hit a snag, LR opens the folder seeing the missing pics but then when imported it only shows the "new" images, my original edited images are missing.
Is there an easy way to add images like this without loosing the existing pics?
(I used the synchronise folder option)

Thanks  Wayne

brianrybolt

Updating a folder?? help
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 07:42:10 am »

I imported a folder of pics into lightroom 1.4 (on XP) no problems there, trouble was there were photos missing from the folder (the photographers fault) several hundred in fact. I exported the edited images only to be told later there were some missing. (and this is where the story really starts) 

I now had to open the original folder with the missing photos added, and this is where I hit a snag, LR opens the folder seeing the missing pics but then when imported it only shows the "new" images, my original edited images are missing.

Thanks  Wayne
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216413\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Have you un-checked "don't re-import suspected duplicates"?  This is my guess, haven't tried it myself.

good luck.

Jon Meddings

Updating a folder?? help
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 10:38:23 am »

Thanks  Wayne
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216413\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wayne, pardon me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you've just imported the 'new' images from the folder and then LR shows you these as the 'last import'.

If that is the case the other images are still in LR -they are not shown as they are not part of the most recent import. In order to see them you could either call them up by keywords (depending upon how you've assigned them) or the simplest way would be to navigate in the library module to the folders section. Pick the folder that all the images are in and you should see all images on the screen.

Hope this helps.

sniper

Updating a folder?? help
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 12:28:06 pm »

Thanks for the replies, what I did was in the libery modual right clicked on the folder and selected synchronise folder, I got an import box but it only showed the "new" images I clicked ok and it opened them but somehow the original edited images vanished, fortunatly I had allready exported them so I haven't totally lost anything.
The big issue for me is I wanted to add the "new" pics to the existing edited ones (I have to match them all) rather than replace the others, not the end of the world but it could have been a big problem if I had to re-edit the originals again.
Thanks again  Wayne
Pages: [1]   Go Up