Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom dng camera profiles  (Read 6668 times)

astronut80920

Lightroom dng camera profiles
« on: August 21, 2008, 01:33:08 am »

I just downloaded and installed the Lightroom DNG camera profiles into LR 2.  When I opened an image in develop module to check it, all I saw on the Camera Calibration panel was the profile named "embedded".  Where are they or what went wrong or what did I do wrong?

Jim L.

astronut80920

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 01:59:48 am »

I just downloaded and installed the Lightroom DNG camera profiles into LR 2.  When I opened an image in develop module to check it, all I saw on the Camera Calibration panel was the profile named "embedded".  Where are they or what went wrong or what did I do wrong?

Jim L.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216383\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ok, I just went into LR and realized I was opening a TIFF file and that was why "Embedded" showed up.  What shows up on an ORF (Olympus Raw) or DNG file is ACR 3.3, ACR 4.4 and "Adobe standard beta 1.  I was expecting a bunch of cameras to show up on the list like Nikons, Canon and Olympus, but they are not there.  I know they are installed because I watched the install as it happened and saw them listed.  What gives?

Jim L.

weberpoint

• http://mrainwater.com
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 02:24:15 am »

Ok, I just went into LR and realized I was opening a TIFF file and that was why "Embedded" showed up.  What shows up on an ORF (Olympus Raw) or DNG file is ACR 3.3, ACR 4.4 and "Adobe standard beta 1.  I was expecting a bunch of cameras to show up on the list like Nikons, Canon and Olympus, but they are not there.  I know they are installed because I watched the install as it happened and saw them listed.  What gives?
Jim L.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216386\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I believe that only Nikon and Canon bodies are currently supported (it's beta!).  For my 5D, I see the profiles that you mentioned, plus "Camera [Standard, Faithful, Landscape, Portrait, Standard] 1".  I can only assume that bodies from other manufacturers will be supported when it is officially released.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 08:52:31 am »

Only profiles specific to your camera model will show up in the Profile popup menu. See here:

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/DNG_P...ofilesShowingUp
http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/DNG_P...sCameraSpecific
Eric Chan

astronut80920

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 02:13:45 pm »

Only profiles specific to your camera model will show up in the Profile popup menu. See here:

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/DNG_P...ofilesShowingUp
http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/DNG_P...sCameraSpecific
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216437\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Let's see if I have this correct.  The profile that shows up on my LR setup is Adobe Standard Beta 1 and you say that only the profile specific to my camera shows up.  My camera is an Olympus SP500UZ which is actually present in the Standard Beta 1 Folder on my computer.  Can I assume, therefore, that that is the profile that is represented in the Standard Beta 1 profile listed under camera calibration in the Develop Module?

Jim L.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 04:23:51 pm »

Yes, our new profiles are named Adobe Standard beta 1. Let's say you have two cameras, an Olympus SP500UZ (which you named) and another one, like a Nikon D70. If you select an Olympus image in LR, you will see an Adobe Standard beta 1 profile for it. If you select a Nikon image in LR, you will also see an Adobe Standard beta 1 profile listed in the profile popup menu. Even though these appear to have the same name, they are actually 2 different profiles.

We deliberately don't include the camera name as part of the profile name. It would be redundant because CR/LR only show you the profiles specific to your camera, anyways.

Hope this is clear.
Eric Chan

astronut80920

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 09:34:38 pm »

Yes, our new profiles are named Adobe Standard beta 1. Let's say you have two cameras, an Olympus SP500UZ (which you named) and another one, like a Nikon D70. If you select an Olympus image in LR, you will see an Adobe Standard beta 1 profile for it. If you select a Nikon image in LR, you will also see an Adobe Standard beta 1 profile listed in the profile popup menu. Even though these appear to have the same name, they are actually 2 different profiles.

We deliberately don't include the camera name as part of the profile name. It would be redundant because CR/LR only show you the profiles specific to your camera, anyways.

Hope this is clear.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216543\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is clear, thanks.  I found a site that showed me how to make my Olympus the default, and it works fine.  I also tried out the profile on a fall foliage image taken at Wilkerson pass in Colorado because I read one of the colors it boosts is orange and I have to say it really brought out the orange color of the aspens and gave the contrast a goot boost.  I am very happy with the result.

Thanks, everyone for trhe help.

Jim L.
Pages: [1]   Go Up