Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Ink Maintenance Tank Recycling ?  (Read 10271 times)

PhillyPhotographer

Epson Ink Maintenance Tank Recycling ?
« on: August 19, 2008, 04:24:53 pm »

Any idea what to do with it ?

Zachary

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 05:09:59 pm »

Bytes2Print gives $3 credit--you'll have to read their program notes as it's a little complicated to explain.

http://www.bytes2print.com/ABOUT-US/RECYCLE_2

Brian Gilkes

• http://www.briangilkes.com.au
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 12:56:08 am »

Re-use it.
Buy a chip resetter, when really full, replace "tampons".
You can buy them here in Oz from AIM Digital . but I would expect they are available else where.
Saves heaps and the environment too
Cheers
Brian
www.pharoseditions.com.au

DougMorgan

• http://www.bcpanorama.com
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 09:29:36 pm »

Depending on the model you may not need the chip setter.    If you do a web search with your model number you should find instructions for clearing the "full" setting from the printer itself using maintenance mode.

Worked like a champ for my 4000 but I haven't needed to do it yet with my newer printers.    It's easy to replace the internal sponge as the cover just snaps off.   For the 4000 I found some similar looking material at the hardware store and used that.    Not quite as good at holding liquid as the genuine article so care had to be taken when moving the printer or removing the full tank.

Epson is so not green it makes me blue......
Doug
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 07:27:27 pm by DougMorgan »

namartinnz

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 06:48:55 pm »

Depending on the model you may not need the chip setter.    If you do a web search with your model number you should find instructions for clearing the "full" setting from the printer itself using maintenance mode.

Worked like a champ for my 4000 but I haven't needed to do it yet with my newer printers.    It's easy to replace the internal sponge as the cover just snaps off.   For the 4000 I found some similar looking material at the hardware store and used that.    Not quite as good at holding liquid as the genuine article so care had to be taken when moving the printer or removing the full tank.

Epson is so not green it makes me sad......
Doug
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216352\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

With my 4000 I replaced the sponge thing with paper absorbancy towels. Just buy a roll, tear off sheets and fold and compress them until the tray is solid with it. Works perfectly. Really annoyed me that Epson removed the level resetter on later machines. I told the local Epson supplier what I did. They weren't happy to hear about it. As the trays were $100NZ a pop they were making good money, so wanted to keep it a secret...

Neal
Pages: [1]   Go Up