Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 image centering issue  (Read 2016 times)

NedOtter

z3100 image centering issue
« on: August 19, 2008, 02:34:06 pm »

Greetings --

I have a z3100 44" base model that I am using to make prints for a portfolio. The paper is a 17" wide roll of Hahnemuhle PhotoRag 308.

When I attempt to define a page size of 17" wide x 14" long, I get an error stating that the paper definition can not be wider than 16.88". I set the page width to 16.88" and then print.

There is a noticeable difference between the left and the right margin when viewing the print. Image size is 15" wide, and there should be a 1" left/right border. I have tried making the print 14.94" wide to compensate for the difference between 16.88" and 17", but this has not made a difference.

I'm running Windows XP (can't remember the exact firmware version, but I think it's the latest).

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks --

Best wishes,

Ned Otter

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 03:38:52 pm »

Greetings --

I have a z3100 44" base model that I am using to make prints for a portfolio. The paper is a 17" wide roll of Hahnemuhle PhotoRag 308.

When I attempt to define a page size of 17" wide x 14" long, I get an error stating that the paper definition can not be wider than 16.88". I set the page width to 16.88" and then print.

There is a noticeable difference between the left and the right margin when viewing the print. Image size is 15" wide, and there should be a 1" left/right border. I have tried making the print 14.94" wide to compensate for the difference between 16.88" and 17", but this has not made a difference.

I'm running Windows XP (can't remember the exact firmware version, but I think it's the latest).

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks --

Best wishes,

Ned Otter
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is that error preventing you to print or is it only giving a warning and it still will print the job ?  When I go beyond 44" in the setting with a 44" roll it still can print though it gives the error warning. Shifting the paper widths will deliver the margins then.

Normally the minimum margins are 5 mm at all sides with rolls.

Get Qimage and you have better tools for centering prints like that. Using wider rolls and nesting images on the roll width is then easy and it will print cutting marks along precise border widths and much more. The economy of better printer speed on wider rolls is included.

Ernst Dinkla

Try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 03:39:52 pm by Ernst Dinkla »

NedOtter

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 06:23:38 pm »

Hi Ernst,

Thanks for the reply.

Once I received the error message, I never attempted to print with the "oversize" margins.

I've tried Qimage, and to be honest I found the interface quite difficult.

Ned

NedOtter

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 12:31:02 am »

Ernst,

I re-installed the driver, recreated my presets, and made the paper size 17", despite the warning.

The borders look good now.

Thanks again for your help.

Ned

NedOtter

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 01:43:09 pm »

The mystery continues....printed images again today, and the first one was fine. After that, all the rest exhibited the dreaded uneven margin syndrome. I've broken down and purchased QImage, but it irks me that the HP driver is so outrageously buggy.

Ned
Pages: [1]   Go Up