Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RRS L bracket for 1Ds  (Read 4262 times)

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
RRS L bracket for 1Ds
« on: June 08, 2005, 01:17:12 pm »

With a longer lens (like the 70-200/2.8L IS, you'll find that bit jutting out in front keeps the camera from twisting out of position in portrait mode.

francois

RRS L bracket for 1Ds
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 02:44:08 am »

...Anyone else experience this or am I whining?
I see what you mean! I have large hands and for me it feels comfortable. RRS could have machined their bracket more closely (to the body) but I guess a more complex shape would induce more cost to produce.

Francois
Francois

Ben Rubinstein

RRS L bracket for 1Ds
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 12:41:43 pm »

I bought a L bracket for my new 1Ds after the resounding success of the one I had for my 10D (anyone want to buy it?). Is it just me or does the jutting out bit at the front where it goes over the battery slot impede the zoom ring? Not that I can't use it, it's just less comfortable for my hand to sit there under the zoom ring as a support to the camera during shooting. Anyone else experience this or am I whining?

Ben Rubinstein

RRS L bracket for 1Ds
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 01:24:04 pm »

I didn't mean the anti twist bit, I meant where it comes up and round the battery on the right hand side (facing lens). That said I musn't complain, the design could only have gone round the BP one way and they've made it as smooth and rounded as possible. Just a pain that it juts into the base of my thumb. I used to have the manfrotto L bracket, now that was big and nasty!
Pages: [1]   Go Up