Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 2.0 & Wacom Type Input  (Read 2891 times)

Del

LR 2.0 & Wacom Type Input
« on: August 18, 2008, 07:43:42 pm »

I am very excited about the new tools in LR 2.0.  I wonder if anyone can tell me authoritatively that LR 2.0 is useable with a pen and tablet, it appears to me to be a great combination. I'm guessing as much but I'd prefer not to guess.  The Wacom website doesn't specifically mention LR 2.0 though of course it does mention Photoshop.
Del

picnic

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 08:28:15 pm »

I am very excited about the new tools in LR 2.0.  I wonder if anyone can tell me authoritatively that LR 2.0 is useable with a pen and tablet, it appears to me to be a great combination. I'm guessing as much but I'd prefer not to guess.  The Wacom website doesn't specifically mention LR 2.0 though of course it does mention Photoshop.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=215896\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I use LR 2.0 with a Wacom Intuos.  Works fine.  Now that I found that I can keep the gradient on a horizontal using the 'shift', I'm a happy camper.  I used it with LR 1.4 also--basically, I'm so used to using a pen that I often never get around to picking up a mouse.

Diane

avitch

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 11:13:46 am »

I'm using a Wacom Bamboo tablet with LR2 on a Vista system. LR recognizes the pen, but not pen pressure. Nor does it distinguish between the "writing" end of the pen and its "eraser" end. So, in short, the functionality of the tablet is severely limited in LR2.0, at least in a Vista environment.

The pen, pen pressure, and erasing all work perfectly in photoshop.

Adam

picnic

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 01:43:20 pm »

I'm using a Wacom Bamboo tablet with LR2 on a Vista system. LR recognizes the pen, but not pen pressure. Nor does it distinguish between the "writing" end of the pen and its "eraser" end. So, in short, the functionality of the tablet is severely limited in LR2.0, at least in a Vista environment.

The pen, pen pressure, and erasing all work perfectly in photoshop.

Adam
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216246\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I too have a Bamboo for my Vista OS laptop--no, pressure does not work, nor does it with my Intuos on my main (XP Pro) computer.  LR has no preferences, etc., for pens and the only place it would be helpful is with the pen tool and I bet it wasn't even considered. Still, if you are used to using a pen instead of a mouse most of the time, using it as such in LR is fine.

Diane

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 06:50:39 am »

I'm using the Intuos 3 (6x8) with LR2 and no problems.  I can program the touch pads and buttons for various features.  For example, I have the touch-slide programmed to increase/decrease my brush size and the other one for zooming the image.  I have buttons programmed for Exporting, Hide LR (cause I work in full screen mode most of the time) and other stuff.
Mike Guilbault

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 08:14:47 am »

Quote from: Del
I am very excited about the new tools in LR 2.0.  I wonder if anyone can tell me authoritatively that LR 2.0 is useable with a pen and tablet, it appears to me to be a great combination. I'm guessing as much but I'd prefer not to guess.  The Wacom website doesn't specifically mention LR 2.0 though of course it does mention Photoshop.
FYI, there may be a bug with LR2 (until LR2.3RC at least) and some Wacom drivers in LR, at least under Windows : that makes the streaks not where you lay them, but where stand the pen a few seconds after... very strange until you know what's in play.
The solution is there : http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?addBookmark@@.59b6aef1/6 and it worked for me.
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery
Pages: [1]   Go Up