Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Workshop  (Read 1758 times)

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
Lightroom Workshop
« on: August 17, 2008, 09:11:14 pm »

If you were to attend a workshop about Lightroom, what are the topics you would be most interested in learning?

I haven't played much with the Print Module so that would be number one for me.  I'd also like to learn more about different processing techniques - stuff that's not 'normal' - stuff you could do in LR without having to go to PS.

What about you?
Mike Guilbault

Markus Jais

• http://www.markusjaisphoto.com
Lightroom Workshop
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 08:21:59 am »

What I heard from several people who are learning LR is, that they don't know what can only be done in PS and what can be done in both applications and in the latter case, which is better for a specific task: LR or PS.
This confuses a lot of people.

Another topic that confused me when beginning was sharpening (when, how and again: LR or PS).

Markus

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Lightroom Workshop
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 08:53:04 am »

Just my 2 cents on this - but I think the real art of processing photos in LR2 and/or CS3 is knowing when NOT to use a tool.

Just because a tool is there - doesn't mean it 'should' be used. Witness the multitude of really bad HDR images that appeared on the web post CS3's ability to create HDR images.

That said.. I would really like to see a VERY detailed workshop on the web and slideshow modules as these often feel like second cousins to Library, Develop and Print and they offer extraodinary power to the photographer if well used.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 08:54:34 am by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

KeithR

Lightroom Workshop
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 09:46:38 am »

I'd like to see a tutorial on keywording and Library management. After all, isn't LR also supposed to be(in addition to a Raw converter/editor) a data image base/organizer.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up