Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR2 web gallery problem  (Read 3137 times)

dwood

LR2 web gallery problem
« on: August 17, 2008, 01:01:26 pm »

I have a group of images that I've converted to grayscale in LR2 and then added to a flash gallery, also created in LR2. In the Library and Develop modules, the images are neutral, as they should be, but when displayed in the flash web gallery, they appear tinted (significantly warmer). Anyone else run across this or have any thoughts?

BFoto

• Brad's blog
LR2 web gallery problem
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 02:33:32 pm »

I have a group of images that I've converted to grayscale in LR2 and then added to a flash gallery, also created in LR2. In the Library and Develop modules, the images are neutral, as they should be, but when displayed in the flash web gallery, they appear tinted (significantly warmer). Anyone else run across this or have any thoughts?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=215675\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is your monitor calibrated?

Is the histogram in the develop module also grey or does it have a slight tint as well?

Have you made any develop filter adjustments?

Pete Ferling

LR2 web gallery problem
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 02:44:22 pm »

Do they appear that way in the web module, or are you viewing the final result in a browser?  If its the final, then its from sRGB conversion.  

I'm not sure the exact issue, as I don't have this problem.  What are your colorspace settings for external editing set to in the preferences panel?  If it's sRGB, then try using ProPhoto to preserve best intent.  It could be that some double coversion or management is going on.  -Pete

dwood

LR2 web gallery problem
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 03:29:46 pm »

Do they appear that way in the web module, or are you viewing the final result in a browser?  If its the final, then its from sRGB conversion. 

I'm not sure the exact issue, as I don't have this problem.  What are your colorspace settings for external editing set to in the preferences panel?  If it's sRGB, then try using ProPhoto to preserve best intent.  It could be that some double coversion or management is going on.  -Pete
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=215682\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The images appear different directly in the web module and if I 'Preview in Browser' from the web module. I'm using Safari BTW. If I simply do an export of an image (sRGB for this) and view the exported image in Preview or Safari, all is well.

Not sure what colorspace settings for external editing would have to do with any of this as I'm not going to an external editor.

Any other thoughts?

dwood

LR2 web gallery problem
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 05:09:12 pm »

The images appear different directly in the web module and if I 'Preview in Browser' from the web module. I'm using Safari BTW. If I simply do an export of an image (sRGB for this) and view the exported image in Preview or Safari, all is well.

Not sure what colorspace settings for external editing would have to do with any of this as I'm not going to an external editor.

Any other thoughts?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=215687\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
An update...the color shift that I spoke of to start this thread off doesn't occur if I build an HTML gallery. It appears only to be a problem in a flash gallery. Looks like a bug to me unless someone has further comments that might shed some light on this.

Pete Ferling

LR2 web gallery problem
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 05:12:11 pm »

Any other thoughts?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=215687\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't have the same issue with the web module on mine, and if the exported result is ok, then I'm at a loss.  Have you tried different templates to see if the surrounding colors are effecting how the images are perceived?

dwood

LR2 web gallery problem
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 04:13:42 pm »

An update to the above for anyone who may be interested...

I wrote a note to the folks at Adobe about this problem and received a response back from a guy on the LR team. He suspects the reason for the color shift I'm experiencing when I drop images into a LR Flash gallery (or any other Flash gallery for that matter) is because the Flash player app. is not color managed. This is a big bummer, for me anyway, as I had intended to build Flash image galleries and drop them into the site that I'm building. For browsers other than Safari or Firefox 3, which are color aware, things might be okay but not so great if I have potential customers viewing images on Safari or FF3. Rats.
Pages: [1]   Go Up