Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trouble with sinar back and captureshop  (Read 4517 times)

Matt Pearson

trouble with sinar back and captureshop
« on: August 17, 2008, 10:16:03 am »

The 54H, tethered to a MacPro 2.4 Ghz w/ 8 GB ram and OS 10.4, in 16-shot mode, after the 3rd to 12th shot, the cycle starts over again, and again, and again. Some of the images completed after more than 40 shots. The systems runs fine with the previous versions of Captureshop (which we've switched back to). Any experience or suggestions? eXposure 6 does not list the 54H as a supported camera.

We're in the market for another new (Sinar or other), 16-shot camera. Any suggestions. For anyone representing Sinar, is there any chance of getting our hands on a 75H with multishot capability (I've read earlier posts on the topic).

Also, I have contacted Sinar (Edison)  about tolerances for the 54H's 16 shot mode. Specifically for vibration tolerances. The engineers we've contracted would find it helpful for their survey. I believe Sinar Europe is on vacation for a couple more weeks; does anyone else have the info?

Thanks in advance,
Matt Pearson

PdF

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 02:51:25 pm »

I don't think that many people of Sinar are in vacations now: the preparation of the Photokina is too much important.

I think that the best is evacuate all the program, preferences, etc... out of your computer, and introduce a new one.

Wich version of Capture Shop do you have ? I'm using the 5.6.1 without any troubles, for the 1, 4 or 16 shots modes.

I'm working since 8 years with CS, but never with this type of problems...

PdF
PdF

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 07:54:08 am »

Dear Matt,

No, there is nobody in holidays, respectively there is always 2 or 3 people in our tech dpt. to help customers.

As PdF suggests it, try first to trash ALL Captureshop preferences. You will find them in your "home" under "Library" ---> "Preferences". Don't forget to empty the trash and to restart.

Then I would re-install CS.

And further, to be able to address such an issue if the above does not fix it, I would ask you to send the Mac "Profile" of your computer, together with the serial number of your back and the CS version you are using. You can send this to our distributor SBI.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

The 54H, tethered to a MacPro 2.4 Ghz w/ 8 GB ram and OS 10.4, in 16-shot mode, after the 3rd to 12th shot, the cycle starts over again, and again, and again. Some of the images completed after more than 40 shots. The systems runs fine with the previous versions of Captureshop (which we've switched back to). Any experience or suggestions? eXposure 6 does not list the 54H as a supported camera.

We're in the market for another new (Sinar or other), 16-shot camera. Any suggestions. For anyone representing Sinar, is there any chance of getting our hands on a 75H with multishot capability (I've read earlier posts on the topic).

Also, I have contacted Sinar (Edison)  about tolerances for the 54H's 16 shot mode. Specifically for vibration tolerances. The engineers we've contracted would find it helpful for their survey. I believe Sinar Europe is on vacation for a couple more weeks; does anyone else have the info?

Thanks in advance,
Matt Pearson
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=215648\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Cfranson

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 11:16:38 am »

Matt,
There are no 16-shot digital backs available unless you can find a leftover or used 54H, and there are not too many that seem to be around. The 75H and the Hasselblad 39MS, both H3D and CF, are 4 shot only. We do have both demo backs available to show.
Regarding the multiple repeating captures, the first place to start is to confirm that you have installed 10.4.11 on the Mac and also that the firmware on the back and your camera are up to date. There hasn't been an update to the 54H since 2004 and that would have been updated when you received the back. I have also seen one client's 54H which tends to keep shooting when she does multi-shot images, but she's had to work around it since she was too busy to have it checked, so I do not have a solution on that one at this time.
We've also found the best reliability comes from uninstalling older versions using the installer for that older version, restarting, then installing the new version. We do keep the older installers available for our clients, so please contact me off the forum if you need one.
The easiest way to verify if this is a preference problem is to make a new temporary user account (do not delete your old account) on the Mac, log into that account, and test Captureshop. You'll be presented with a clean Captureshop and it will be necessary to reconfigure your camera and color settings. If the problems persist, you can rule out your preference files being an issue with your primary account.

Matt Pearson

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 12:02:49 pm »

What a HUGE relief; we're in a tough spot and desperate for some tech support. thsinar, could you post the vibration tolerances (microns) for the 54H's 16-shot mode? Also, I'm taking your advice and uninstalling and reinstalling the CS software after our current job is finished. I'll also get our specs to Sinar.

Thanks in advance.
Matt
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 12:04:22 pm by Matt Pearson »

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 12:35:15 pm »

hi Matt,

no problem and always welcome, you are not left alone!

I have asked Colin King from SBI to contact you concerning this issue.

Best regards,
Thierry

What a HUGE relief; we're in a tough spot and desperate for some tech support. thsinar, could you post the vibration tolerances (microns) for the 54H's 16-shot mode? Also, I'm taking your advice and uninstalling and reinstalling the CS software after our current job is finished. I'll also get our specs to Sinar.

Thanks in advance.
Matt
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216040\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 12:35:44 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Matt Pearson

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 04:54:44 pm »

I should clarify: I am greatly relieved that Sinar AG is not on vacation and that we might be able to provide our engineer with vibration tolerances. Also, we are greatly in need of technical support because the engineer has already conducted a site survey and the designs and recommendations he's made require contextualization. We are trying to mitigate a vibration issue which is preventing the successful operation of the 54H back in 16-shot mode. The issues are not entirely environmental and the tolerances will give us an idea of the potential for successfully using the 54H in 16-shot mode at our location.

I'm sorry if I sound anxious, but I can't afford to worry about that - I just need the info.

Thierry - thank you. I'll wait for Colin.

Thanks,
Matt
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 05:16:39 pm by Matt Pearson »

Dean s24

• http://
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 06:01:58 am »

Hi Matt.
I have had this problem before and it was due to using a Hasselblad 500cm. After locking up the mirror and then triggering the camera off, the Sinar software did not seem to know when to stop taking the shots. However this would never take more than 16 shots per image, just create a new set of 16 shots. We figured that it was due to the mirror being up. So lift mirror, trigger, wait for 16 shots while counting them, then drop mirror. This worked for me over two years. As far as CS 4 up to CS 5.6.1. we still use it but on a P3. If this aint your problem, then Thierry is your best bet.

Dean.
[span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%']Dean Elliott[/span]
[span style='color:orange']dean@s24.co.za[/span]
[span style='color:orange']www.s24.co.za[/span]

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 06:39:54 am »

Hi Matt,

The Jenoptik Eyelike Precision M22 is a multishot back - very similar to the Sinar version. You have to get your head around the software, but I have been using it for 4-odd years now if you need any tips. Sinar eXposure will be able to run these backs soon. Anyway, I think Steve Hendrix at PPR Atlanta has a second hand one for a decent price.

Ben

PS What camera/lenses do you use? It might be worth checking that the Eyelike software can fire your shutter.... I don't think it can work an LC shutter for the live lmage, but it can talk to Rollei and Schneider electronic shutters. I have had some success with 16 shot mode with my Contax, using the 2 second self timer trick so the mirror vibrations have settled before the shutter fires.

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 06:45:38 am »

Matt, here is a screen grab showing the list of cameras supported by Capture Pro:

Ben

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 06:59:12 am by bdp »

Matt Pearson

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 09:36:32 am »

Ben,

This is what we have at the moment...

Sinar 54H
Sinar firmware updates installed
Sinar M shutter
LC shutter mounted on Velmex Unislide with Sinar standards
Digitar 47, 90, 120